How to do a smokey eye...

Chelseaa

I was wondering if someone could tell me an effective way to do a smokey eye with this little pallette thing. Because it's the only darkish colours I have and I haven't used them in a while. I want to make use of them!
This is the only picture I could find of it.

It's basically just gray and black.

Hawkeye

Here ya go- I did this tutoral on ebay as a review and once on here but I don't remember where it is.
1) Apply a primer to your lids. MAC Bare Canvas paint is very good. UD Primer Potion is very good.
2) From your lashline to your browbone apply the nude color (in our case Shroom) with a fluffy eyeshadow brush-make sure this brush has a large "dome". Nars makes a good one, as does MAC Brush #225 is very good.
This photo should show you what I mean. In this photo I used Urban Decay "X"
c7_2.JPG

3) Now with a pointy brush (Some good brushes, NARS makes a good one, Stila double sided brush #15, MAC 211) Take the medium color (In our case NARS Kiki Eyeshadow Single) and define your eye.
What do I mean by that? Trace your eye by going into the crease going to the "inner corner" of your eye to the "outer" corner of your eye. Just follow the crease. Then blend your eyeshadow inward using this medium color to the center of your eye. Then take the brush and trace your lower lashline.
I tried to make a line so that you all could see in this picture what I am referring to. I used UD Mildew in this picture. See how I traced the crease? That is how you should do it.
d2_2.JPG

4) Now the darkest color! Using a flat head fluff brush (EX: Stila Double sided brush #15, Nars Makes one, MAC 213) take the darkest color (In our case MAC Carbon) and using your eye as a guide once again, take the darkest color, and put it right in the crease and take it down to your lower lashline.
Here I tried to make a line so that you could see what I am referring to. I used MAC Greensmoke in this picture.
01_2.JPG

5) The Eyeliner. Here is where you take a liquid eyeliner and a pointed brush and smudge brush (again, NARS, STILA and MAC all make good ones) Take a liquid liner in a pot.
We will be using MAC Black track. Use the pointed brush and line your lashes just to the end of the lashline. Use your smudge brush to "smudge" the line.
This gives a nice "smokey" feel to it.
6) Finally it's time to play with your lashes. I'm going to be honest I swear by Shishiedo Mascara Primer and Lancome Fatale or BeneFit Bad Gal Lash.
What you do now: You curl your lashes (Shu Umera makes a FABULOUS eyelash curler. It blows all the other ones out of the water in my opinion. Shishiedo makes a great one as well.
Curl your lashes at the base, hold for ten seconds, go up a little about half way, hold for ten seconds, go up to the tips of your lashes hold for ten seconds and you have beautiful curly lashes.
Add your eyelash primer. NOW before it is fully dry use Lancome Fatale and just "roll" it up. Repeat about 2 more times, DO NOT LET YOUR MASCARA DRY IF YOU USE FATALE BETWEEN COATS!
If you use BeneFit Badgal it's OK but NOT fatale or you will get spider leg lashes!
And there ya go beautiful smokey eyes.
ALSO with this look-its bold use a very light colored lip. Nude, light pink, etc. DO NOT USE RED or a DARK COLOR you will look like a clown. You're trying to look fabulous, not Bozo!
smiles.gif

saniyairshad

1. Prep the lid. The key to keeping eyeshadow from melting into your eyelid crease as the day goes on is to kept eyelids oil-free. To do this start with an eyeshadow base. I use MAC Beige-ing shadestick on lids before.
  2. Apply eyeliner. If you're going for a typical black, brown or gray smoky eye, apply liner in one of those colors above the upper lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye. Even purple, green and blue eyeliners look gorgeous.
  3. Blend in color on bottom lashes For color on the bottom you'll want a lighter eyeliner & the key is to 'smudge it'. A shadow can be used to smudge it.
  4. Apply light base color Again, the key to a smoky eye is pairing a lighter base with a darker one. I prefer a nice cream shade for my base. Sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your browbone. My favorite colors are pearl and taupe.
  5. Blend in darker color, but keep dark color below the crease. Now that you have the base & eyeliner on, it's time to get the smoky effect. You need a darker eyeshadow shade. Using an e/s brush blend in color starting at your lash line & blending up. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep color at crease.
  6. Finish with several coats of volumizing mascara.