how to make e/s show up

mena22787

hey all!
wavey.gif
i been wondering why, when some people apply eyeshadow it shows up really well? like, it doesn't look faded or less vibrant on the eye than in the pot? is it because they use primer? or their technique? is it the quality of the e/s? or do they use actual brushes instead of sponge wands to apply the e/s? :confused: cuz i really like it when the e/s really shows up on a person's eyes, and am having a difficult time trying to recreate the look
hmm.gif
any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!
thmbup.gif

ps-i looove these smilies! they're so cute!
graucho.gif

*Luna*

Most people here use some sort of primer and or base. Many of us use Urban Decay Primer Potion and a Paint in either a nude shade or a shade the coresponds to the color of the shadow you will be using. The same can also be done with Shadesticks. I found that all these really helped in my application and making my colors more vibrant.

~LadyLocks~

Besides UDPP, Shadesticks, and paints, you can CCB (cream color base). I LOVELOVELOVE Fushia Perfect CCB and it makes just about any color pop. HTH!

eco

here is a link to a poll I started about specktra's favorite eyeshadow bases: http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=66289

Also- Check out the FOTD (face of the day) forum, and you will be able to read what bases people use and see corresponding photos- maybe that will help you achieve the look you are trying
smiles.gif
cheerleader.gif

MAC is love

Basically what everyone has said. You just need to find a base that works for you. Some people like UDPP, others say it doesn't work for them. Out of MAC's bases though, I'm sure you'll find something that works for you & will make your shadows POP
smiles.gif

LatinaRose

Also, try patting/packing on your eye shadow (on top of a base!) rather than sweeping it on. Sweeping it on blends it away whereas patting/packing it on helps it stay thick and vibrant.

Taj

I luv shadesticks, which make the colours show better. One drawback: my sticks broke halfway and the screw doesn't work properly.

Ambi

A good primer, and sponge-tip applicators work way better than brushes with most eyeshadows.

prinzessin784

Definitely try a base/primer and don't be afraid to use a lot of product! It can seem wasteful and it feels wrong sometimes when you're using something LE or one that you love but if you want a bright, vibrant look it does take a lot of product. Just think of how gorgeous you'll look
winks.gif

dustycat

Also, from watching makeup being done, I have seen a lot more layering of the color than I usually do. A base, pat the color on, place each color where you want it, go back deepen the colors, it's a process, but you can get beautiful results.

sewprecocious

i love to use the paints or the cream color bases to make my colors pop. shadesticks are too textured for my lids, but you could try those too. if you lids are drier the primers are great, but if you crease easily def. do the paints!

also, patting the e/s on instead of sweeping can make a huge difference if its a powdery shadow, or more matte. shiny shadows tend to stick well on their own.

hope that helps!!

xxo

Latest posts