How to recreate eyebrows and lashes..?

Dena

Hi ladies

This is the thing: My mom is going to have to undergo chemotheraphy treatment for a couple of months, it's been a huge shock, and I've just realised I'm going to need to "make" lashes and eyebrows for her...i have no idea how this is going to work, or if it will work so I was just looking for a bit of orientation on the subject.

She's in her forties, fair, oily skin, medium ashy-brown hair and never wears makeup, she's used to being naturally beautiful. Drawing brows is fairly easy (I hope) with pencil/shadow, but what pencil can I use that won't smudge throughout the day, and that is ashy enough? Do eyebrow-extensions or something like that exist? like, individual hairs that can be stuck on? I'm not sure she's going to like this whole drawn-on brow thing...:|

Onto the lashes, most fake ones look quite spiky, so to complement lashes they're fabulous but on their own they'll probably look fake or strange. Any particular ones I could look at? Would the shu uemura ones that are "criss-crossed" work? Think it will be easy to stick on without any lashes to support them on? (real lashes would obviously be the best option but I don't think lash extensions can be applied without any lashes to hold on to?) I was also thinking about a thin thin line of brown liquid eyeliner but I'm scared I'll poke her in the eye if I don't have any lashes to "hold it on" to.

Thoughts?

Thanks, any ideas or links are very much appreciated
smiles.gif

D

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, so sorry to hear you Mom has to go throught that! My dad had chemo about 2yrs. ago, he did lose most of his hair, but didn't lose any brows or lashes. I do know a few companines have those eye brow templates, which might be something good to work with! Best of luck to her during her treatment!! Dawn

amandamakeup

Im so sorry to hear about what you and your family is going through. I have been trained in makeup application for cancer patients, and I would love to help you!
First, to create eyebrows, your right, it is very easy, Just get familiar through books and magazines, which shape would be best for your mom, and just keep practicing until you get it right.. I love cover girl's brow and eye shapers. They do not rub off,and last all day. I probably would not apply eyeshadow, cause that will rub off and dissapear more than the crayon will.
For eyelashes, depending on your mothers natural skintone. (like brown or black eyeliner) all you need to do, is apply a thin layer of eyeliner (crayon) right on the lash line, then use a q-tip and blend the color a little upwards.. not to make a smoky eye, but to give the illusion of lashes.. You'll see once you start doing it, you can actually make it look there are eyelashes.
You dont want to use liquid eyeliner because it will look way to harsh.
I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Amanda

aeni

to make the eyebrow thing easier, you could have someone ventilate a couple pairs for her. talk to the wig artist when/if she sees one. it's not the most natural (then again drawing on isn't technically either) but the netting won't show up in photos.

as for drawing in eyebrows, my favorite so far is DHC. it's a little sponge tip applicator that works great for fill ins and the dark brown gray is ashy enough that i always use it.

Latest posts