How to stop telemarketers from calling your cell phone.

purrtykitty

Yep, I did this a few weeks ago for both my husband's and my cell phones. Still sucks that charities can call, though. They call all the time.

HOTasFCUK

I wonder if there's a number like this for Canada? Luckily my cell phone has block which i can turn on so only people listed in my contacts list can reach me. All other unknown calls go straight to voicemail! The other day i had it open to all calls and stupid MasterCard called me asking if i'm interested in some crap AirMiles promotion....ugggh why did i even pick up? Those people annoy the hell outta me. I said i was too busy to talk so she asked can i call back? I politley said no because i'll be on vacation soon blah blah blah. The worst is when they call our house. We are all at work during the day but my poor grandmother has to always run for the phone and then she see's the call display and doesn't answer. Or she'll pick up and in broken english say "Noooobodddyyy homeeee!!!". If they ask for her, i always say she's in Italy for the next 6 months!

Actually now a lot of the 1-800 numbers make a weird double ring like the ring for long distance when they call her but unfortunatly people in the Toronto area call asking if we want new windows, a roof, or even to sell the house. I once even got a call from friggin' Michegan (sp?) saying they would be in "our area" for new windows.....ummmmm did you not see my number is in Canada???!!!

gigglegirl

wtf why are cell phone numbers being released? thats a piss off. Id hate still being called by charities on my cell phone. Grrrr.

pratbc

Thank you sooooo much for the info! I have telemarketers and bill collecters calling my cell ALL the time! If its an 800 or unrecognizeable number, I know its a telemarketer or collector and I do not answer. Then, of course, I get the robotic voicemail. Pfffffft.

Paramnesia

I never get called by telemarketers on my mobile, thank god. Though so guy rang at 11am one morning telling me I'd won something, I hanged up on him and went back to sleep lol.

sofabean

thanks! i ALWAYS ALWAYS get telemarketers on my house phone. the same company used to call 3 times a day EVERYDAY until i lied and said they had the wrong number.

tiffanykei

If you ask the telemarketer to take your number off their system.. and to put it on "do not call list" they HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF!
smiles.gif
If not, you can sue them.
smiles.gif
Kind of a waste of your time going through all that trouble over a little phone call but it's the law and they should know it too.
smiles.gif