How to wash Brushes when doing a Bridal Party!

Mars818

Hello all!! I know many have asked how to wash brushes and how often, but I haven't seen one that talks about how many times you wash it when on assignment doing makeup for people. I MOSTLY get bridal parties, or a bunch of people to do at a time. How do I, and with what do I wash my brushes between each person?? If I use brush cleaner, then I"ll have to run up and run it through water so the chemicals aren't on them, and then the brushes will be wet! What do I do?? I usually let the eyeshadow brushes be, but my blush/foundation brushes I feel need to be washed between people because I'm big on germs, and people with bad or oily skin spreading it!! Is there a safe chemical mix that I can spray lightly onto it with (I've heard baby shampoo) and then dry it on a paper towel by brushing it a few times? Isnt a wet foundation/blush brush bad when putting on makeup?? Sorry for rambling, I've had this dillema forever!

What do you guys do, what do you suggest??

EmbalmerBabe

Perhaps you can use some sort of quick drying antibacterial mist?
Oh duh I just realized you asked that question up there. You can pour your brush cleanser into a spray bottle (one with ant.ibacterial properties?)
Or just use disposable sponges for the foundation
Sorry not much help in this department..=/
I bought a brush cleanser at ULTA by Japonesque, I think its called Parian Spirit,it comes in a spray bottle,and is supposed to be antibacterial for quick sterilization. I did not like this stuff however because it had a thick citrus scent,and seemed to be oily. There has to be another better brand with the same qualities=Antibacterial+fast dry. I'm gonna do a search..

DaizyDeath

I know ben nye and several other companys make quick drying brush cleaners basically if its made of mostly alcohol then its going to dry very fast.

baby shampoo takes forever to dry you only want to use that if you have a day to let it dry overnight.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars818
What do you guys do, what do you suggest??

Makeup Forever's Brush Cleanser is antibacterial and has been formulated to dry quickly and immediatly continue usage. You can't clean sponge tip aplicators with it though. It's the one I use and I'm very happy with it, in times of desperation, I fill a small water bottle cap or something in the size of a shot glass with just enough product to dip the brush in, wiggle it around to release eye-shadow and then wave it to quicken the drying process.

As for your dillemma with the foundation brush, very rarely do I use it on clients, I usually apply foundation with a sponge and you have many disposable ones in the market for such occasions.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts