How young is too young?

HeavenLeiBlu

10? HELL NO. I don't think it's unreasonable to make a child wait until high school before dabbling in makeup. My daughter wears lip gloss from time to time, never as an every day occurrence, and she's starting high school in the fall. She has no desire to wear makeup day to day, nor do I think it's ever really occurred to her that people do that. As much as I love playing in my goodies, I hardly ever do much more than my lips and maybe some mascara day to day. No way I'd let a 10 year old start.

Dollfaced

WOW, 10 is waaay too early.
I remembered I wore mascara in 6th grade.. and then I stopped up until the end of 8th grade, which is when I begun to wear eyeliner, mascara, and even powder because my skin was getting really oily. I'm around the end of 10th grade now and I wear some light/med foundation, power, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, and mascara most of the time.
I think I'd only let my daughter wear eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss until she's in high school.

Goat Goat Etc.

I started mildly playing with makeup at 17 then started again at 19 and from then on.

I say makeup is for people that have real shit to do and go to, not the hallways at (kinder)school(2.0). The only caveat is a school dance/prom/parties/outing w/ buds and having daily makeup at school that makes you look natural--not gawdy, cheap, or sexual.

obscuria

I'm pretty sure that if you haven't hit puberty, you shouldn't be wearing make-up.

I didn't start wearing makeup until I was 18, and even then it was just press powder. I started getting into makeup when I was 20.

jess126xo

10yrs is too young ! you have to becareful with the type of people that will be looking at her .. some people are really sick .. many times makeup on young girl make them appear so much older .. i see this every day im 21yrs old and i see 13yrs look older then me. i start wearing black eyeliner when i was 16yrs old i honestly i hated it b/c it was so hard to take off after that i officially started to wear makeup when i was 20yrs old and i only use e/s, liner, mascara and lipstick. so i cant bare to see a 10yrs old with makeup on .. you also have to think about the damage that can be done to her skin.. if she was my daughter i would wait til atleast 15yrs old, using mascara and a sheer lip color. when you are young your face is flawless and there is really no need to "perfect it" with makeup .. if she breaks out encourage her to take care of her skin early and explain to her that makeup never helps with those problems.

sry i rambled so much but i hope some of this helps.

Civies

10 is too young to wear makeup but I don't think theres anything you can do about it. When people want to fit in they will do anything, especially a kid because they don't think about how it's "bad" but only the positives about it. I started wearing makeup since grade 6 (eyeliner and mascara) and I've never put on a full face until now (Im 17) but I wear foundation not even once a week. I just don't need it. I sometimes go to school without makeup but I will usually always only have on eyeliner and mascara because I just don't have time in the morning. That being said, since I use to dance when I was younger I was wearing makeup at 10 years old only for performances and I didn't think anything of it - it just made me feel prettier and more like a princess on stage.