i.d bareMinerals - SPF 15

ruby_soho

I'm really interested in trying this foundation because people on here rave about it all the time, but I don't like near a Sephora at all, so I have no way of testin it out. Their lightest shade is Fair, which I'm not sure would match my really like skin. If anyone reading this uses it, please help me out! I was looking through someones tutorial somewhere and they said they had to mix a Bare Escentuals white eyeshadow into their powder foundation to make it light enough for them...Also, does it give good coverage? Or is it moreso for people who have decent skin to begin with? I know this is a long post, so I'll shut up now!

user3

Ruby_Soho if want to see the before and after we can PM ok
smiles.gif

Now as for color for you. Do you happen to live near a Ulta? Some Nordies also carry BE. Here is the BE locator http://www.bareescentuals.com/stores/

As for color I am the worst at picking out foundation colors of the internet.
I wear Medium mixed with medium tan. I can also mix Medium Beige and Tan together.
So really you could probably do several different combos or just use one color.
Keep in mind that the SPF in the foundation mixed with the flash of the camera makes me look about 3 shades lighter than I look in person.

Going by your pics I would say a combo of light & fair might work.
To be honest it is really hard to get the color wrong unless you go way too dark or way too light. BE blends so well that even the wrong color could look ok.

Not sure how soon you want to get some BE but I should be going back to Ulta this week end and I can swatch the colors for you and take a pic. Keeping in mind it would be a swatch on my skin. Unless I can snag a fair skinned gal that is shopping and swatch on her! LOL

aziajs

I think the coverage is ok. It depends on how many layers of foundation you use and what type of brush you use. I would suggest using a kabuki - you'll get the most coverage. I have decent skin and it covers well but I do have dark spots on my face that aren't completely covered by the foundation. If I had really problem skin I don't think the coverage would be that great.

Jaim

I use a combo of 1 and 1.2, Fair and Fairly Light (I believe!). It's perfect and I am super pale myself.

ruby_soho

Thanks for all the help you guys, I live in Canada so no Nordstroms or anything
ssad.gif
. I own MAC's 180 brush which I would probably use with the BE foundation. It's kabuki enough for my wallet:p.

shygirl

Someone mentioned this before but there is an excellent BE seller on eBay who has a great store.

She has colors that I haven't seen on Sephora yet. I bought a sample kit from her and I am now in love with BE. My skin looked so pretty! My sister asked me if I was pregnant because my skin was glowing. Silly, but hey, pregnant women DO have the prettiest glowing skin. I told her that I was not pregnant but it was BE that made my skin look like that. I applied the foundation with just the tip of my Flirt Skunk Brush and then buffed it with Flirt's flat top blush/powder brush. Very pretty!

The seller on eBay is Colorful Sprinkles. Here's the link to her BE Foundation Color Chart page. These pictures are very true to life. I got the Warm Tan Foundation and it was the perfect match for me.

http://stores.ebay.com/Colorful-Spri...lor-Chart.html

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
Thanks for all the help you guys, I live in Canada so no Nordstroms or anything
ssad.gif
. I own MAC's 180 brush which I would probably use with the BE foundation. It's kabuki enough for my wallet:p.

ssad.gif

I've tried the 180 with and I just want to give you the heads up that it does not work so well with the BE. At least for me. It didn't cover good at all.
I love the 180 for blending.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
ssad.gif

I've tried the 180 with and I just want to give you the heads up that it does not work so well with the BE. At least for me. It didn't cover good at all.
I love the 180 for blending.

I agree. I use BE and have the 180 and they just don't work well together. You don't get the effect meant for BE like if you used a Kabuki brush. In this case, it really makes a difference the brush you use
ssad.gif

Good Luck finding your color match! I hope you do b/c BE is love
smiles.gif

Latest posts