I don't wanna lose my lashes!!

smellyocheese

I love how maybelline's lash discovery looks but it keeps making my eye lashes fall off!! even when I remove with specific removers and stuff.

I need a recommendation for a good mascara that doesn't clump and most importantly doesn't make my lashes fall off!! help!

tanni

I just lastnight purchased Maybelline's "Sky High Curves", and that hasn't given me any clumping problems. But I can understand if you'd want to stay away from Maybelline, because all their formulas might harm your specific lashes. (I don't know.) So some others that won't clump, that I have personally used, are Max Factor's "Lash Perfection" and Cover Girl's "Lash Exact". Both have those "clump-free" plastic spiky brushes, as opposed to a fiber spoolie. L'Oreal also just recently came out with a mascara-Telescope-something, I can't remember. But that appears to have the same style brush as the other two. Hopefully this helped!

p.s. Bad Gal Lash by Benefit also won't clump and is quite good, although it's expensive to be buying every 3-4 months. ($20)

jenii

Maybelline's Full 'n Soft is a good one. It doesn't clump, and it's easy to remove. Doesn't take your lashes with it, either!

hypodermic

I know I am in the minority, but I absolultely LOVE Blinc's Kiss Me Mascara. You have to really make sure your lashes are curled nicely before you apply. It doesn't flake or clump, and it comes off with plain water like a breeze. I'll never use anything else unless forced.
winks.gif

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanni

p.s. Bad Gal Lash by Benefit also won't clump and is quite good, although it's expensive to be buying every 3-4 months. ($20)

ahh... I know BG Lash is great! I use it everyday at the counter when I was working there. I love it too but I can't afford it
ssad.gif

Katja

OMG, I understand your pain! My lashes on my inner right eye are almost non existant. They have somehow fallen off, but I don't wanna switch back to Hypnose.

Fairybelle

CoverGirl Lash Exact and Volume Exact are both good, inexpensive ones to try. I have had no problems with either since they are pretty gentle and do not clump at all!

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
Maybelline's Full 'n Soft is a good one. It doesn't clump, and it's easy to remove. Doesn't take your lashes with it, either!

I second that. It's my everyday HG. It's very mild and easy on your lashes and a cinch to remove. Although you may have to give up that va va va voom factor as it's not a volumizing mascara but it'll allow your lashes a break
smiles.gif

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
ahh... I know BG Lash is great! I use it everyday at the counter when I was working there. I love it too but I can't afford it
ssad.gif

You're gonna have to forget cheap mascaras and save up for the more expensive ones if you don't want your lashes to fall off. Or, invest in a more expensive lash primer (clinique, estee lauder, smashbox all make good lash primers) and then use cheap mascara.

The reason why: Tar is the main ingredient in cheap mascaras. The tar hardens around your lash hair, strips it of protein, and then causes it to die and fall off. You need a tar-free mascara: Smashbox makes Focal Point which is definatley safe and also YSL prides itself on great ingredients in their mascaras.

My eyelashes are SUPER strong and long now. I haven't seen one fall off in like 6 months probably.

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
CoverGirl Lash Exact and Volume Exact are both good, inexpensive ones to try. I have had no problems with either since they are pretty gentle and do not clump at all!

Man, I have been wanting to try Volume Exact for a while now, but I can never find it!! I saw it once, and I was stupid and didn't buy it. *sigh*

I do like Full N Soft, but Volume Exact sounds more like what I want.

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypodermic
I know I am in the minority, but I absolultely LOVE Blinc's Kiss Me Mascara. You have to really make sure your lashes are curled nicely before you apply. It doesn't flake or clump, and it comes off with plain water like a breeze. I'll never use anything else unless forced.
winks.gif

IM WITH YOU! im in love with that mascara!

waterproof, but with gentle rubbing and a little water, comes off easily. its wonderful bc i hate scrubbing my eyes with makeupremover etc! and its waterproof (well, only when you dont apply force along wtih water!)

freaksinunif0rm

I use Lancome mascaras and primers. Even if I layer a whole ton on, my lashes still feel very soft.

My eyelashes haven't fallen out though, even with cheaper mascaras. To condition my lashes, I use vaseline before I sleep (I don't want shiny lashes in the morning XD). Works lovely and my lashes have grown longer, too. Primer conditions them also.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
Man, I have been wanting to try Volume Exact for a while now, but I can never find it!! I saw it once, and I was stupid and didn't buy it. *sigh*

I do like Full N Soft, but Volume Exact sounds more like what I want.

Try looking again. Supposedly, it hit the shelves this month and I've seen it in the grocery store as well as the drug store. It's great, too.

And, I'm also a fan of Blinc's Kiss Me.