i give up !!

BellaItalia1969

Ebay has been doing my head in ...
Some of the sellers just do not give monkeys about the fake makeup they sell..
I saw this ,emailed the seller to point out that this is fake MAC glitter,moreover some glitters cannot be used on eye area !

Here is her reply...
thmbdn.gif

these products do noy have the shade name on them also the mac brushs come from spain and i have sold these before on ebay and have exellent feedback with these products::thankyou
3225natalie

dccf_1.JPG

1082_1.JPG

mac pigment set on eBay, also, Sets Kits, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 18-Feb-09 17:52:00 GMT)
Im sort of miffed that some sellers think cos they have a 100% feedback so their products are ok or is it ok to sell fakes because you have 100% feedback???!!
nonono.gif

Ok i had my moan girls off to do some menial tasks

TISH1124

I am sorry about this for you...However I personally NEVER buy pigments off ebay...Sure there are some valid sellers...But there are just way too many Fake Pigments sold on Ebay for me to take the chances on any of them.

caffn8me

Pretty dangerous probably. The fake makers have no interest in product quality or safety[/url]

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am sorry about this for you...However I personally NEVER buy pigments off ebay...Sure there are so valid sellers...But theis are just way too many Fake Pigments sold on Ebay for me to take the chances on any of them.

Tish
smiles.gif
thank you

Myself I would not buy any pigments of eBay too but is just so annoying some sellers think that they have the right (maybe cos of their so called 100% feedback) to sell their fake crap MAC!
thmbdn.gif

panther27

Ugh,you can tell they are fake just by looking at them!And pigments,etc ALWAYS have the shade name printed on them.If not,they are fakes.Just disgusting.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah before I discovered this forum or even knew fakes existed I got majorly screwed on ebay for pigments. It was my fault totally since I did not know at all fakes could exist for mac, much less any think any better of it, but I was gullible enough to have bought a set of 54 from some person in Alabama and her feedback was good so I thought it wasn't bad of a deal for $335 for 54 pigments since they go for $19.5 apiece...And then I discovered this forum about 4 months later and saw what the fakes look like, how to tell, etc. and now I am stuck with 54 pigments that I am not going to use because simply they are FAKE! I would rant to PayPal but when I found out they were fakes it was past the 45 days that you can claim or something so yeah, couple hundred down the drain for me....stupid fakes....
getyou.gif
but also stupid me
th_mad0217.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Yeah before I discovered this forum or even knew fakes existed I got majorly screwed on ebay for pigments. It was my fault totally since I did not know at all fakes could exist for mac, much less any think any better of it, but I was gullible enough to have bought a set of 54 from some person in Alabama and her feedback was good so I thought it wasn't bad of a deal for $335 for 54 pigments since they go for $19.5 apiece...And then I discovered this forum about 4 months later and saw what the fakes look like, how to tell, etc. and now I am stuck with 54 pigments that I am not going to use because simply they are FAKE! I would rant to PayPal but when I found out they were fakes it was past the 45 days that you can claim or something so yeah, couple hundred down the drain for me....stupid fakes....
getyou.gif
but also stupid me
th_mad0217.gif

Hun yeah I know it does happen... sorry that you have lost so much money
cry.gif
but you know I always practice this* If It's Too Good To Be True
...It's not True. You can't go wrong with this approach* (especially anything do to with eBay!) Saying all this I have had purchased genuine MAC pigments,mascara etc from eBay UK,incidently these 2 sellers are members of Spectra as well.
thmbup.gif

Sad thing is that there's too many greedy sellers who peddle this fake MAC crap with dangerous ingrdients,who don't give monkeys about safety etc and are just seeing £ or $ signs!!
nonono.gif

Anyway feeling better now as my darling bought me for Valentine,a gorgeous pair of Nine West riding boots!!
bigheart.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hun yeah I know it does happen... sorry that you have lost so much money
cry.gif
but you know I always practice this* If It's Too Good To Be True
...It's not True. You can't go wrong with this approach* (especially anything do to with eBay!) Saying all this I have had purchased genuine MAC pigments,mascara etc from eBay UK,incidently these 2 sellers are members of Spectra as well.
thmbup.gif

Sad thing is that there's too many greedy sellers who peddle this fake MAC crap with dangerous ingrdients,who don't give monkeys about safety etc and are just seeing £ or $ signs!!
nonono.gif

Anyway feeling better now as my darling bought me for Valentine,a gorgeous pair of Nine West riding boots!!
bigheart.gif

Yeah I know I go by that motto from now on, I learned my lesson on that one! Btw I love Nine West, I love their shoes and handbags
th_drool.gif
!

angi

Quote:
* If It's Too Good To Be True...It's not True. You can't go wrong with this approach*

Lol, it's true, you can't go wrong with this approach, but sometimes, especially when it comes to ebay I prefer 'only buy it if you can afford to lose the money' That way, if there is something I want and I'm not entirely sure that it's genuine, I'll only bid what I can afford to lose. I got a genuine new coco pigment for £12 and a coco beach pigment for £8 from ebay. They definitely looked too good to be true, to me, and presumably everyone else, but because I was prepared to possibly lose a little bit of money to find out, I got a bargain.

So exercise caution, but if you do your research and you're confident you know your products, sometimes its worth the risk.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Lol, it's true, you can't go wrong with this approach, but sometimes, especially when it comes to ebay I prefer 'only buy it if you can afford to lose the money' That way, if there is something I want and I'm not entirely sure that it's genuine, I'll only bid what I can afford to lose. I got a genuine new coco pigment for £12 and a coco beach pigment for £8 from ebay. They definitely looked too good to be true, to me, and presumably everyone else, but because I was prepared to possibly lose a little bit of money to find out, I got a bargain.

So exercise caution, but if you do your research and you're confident you know your products, sometimes its worth the risk.

Angi !!
smiles.gif
hiya ltnc
yes.gif
that is also true...i bought a fab Bobbi Brown bronzing powder for like £10 saving myself over £12!I know their product and the seller only sold like few other B.B makeup so I knew I be ok
thmbup.gif

What i find alarming on eBay,is the increase in sellers especially powersellers who sell fake MAC and have the cheek to claim in their auctions that it's "Genuine" /Original"MAC
nonono.gif
yeah straight from alibaba.com!

Have a look at this Angi...
Mac Make up Collection 04 E/Shadows,Blusher & Much more on eBay, also, Sets Kits, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 22-Feb-09 23:41:35 GMT)
75e5_1.JPG

Ok here what the seller says"Please be assured that this 100% original,i know that there have been alot of copies on ebay,which is why i say this" ....??!!Yeah ...
My way of thinking is this if you are a seller who sells VAST amounts of makeup etc ,then you should make your BUSINESS to acquaint yourself with the particular brand that you are selling ...to avoid selling counterfeits etc!Too many times i have come across that some sellers really don't care if their customers could end up blind or scarred!Ithink i have mentioned before in one of my previous postings that a pregnant friend of mine bought on eBay,a fake Lancome juicy tube...her lips swelled up and she got a nasty rash!!
thmbdn.gif

Thankfully all ended well but it could have been worse...that's why im so ,so against all these fake crap makeup!

angi

Hello
smiles.gif

Quote:
"Please be assured that this 100% original,i know that there have been alot of copies on ebay,which is why i say this" ....??!!Yeah ...!

I hate it when sellers say this. If it'd genuine, you don't need to say it, show it in the photos! (I reported that one BTW)

Although it's not their fault, sometimes it's not just about the sellers, but also the buyers. Some buyers don't mind that they've brought fakes, and continue to use them anyway. I once had a colleague that brought a piece of Tiffany from ebay and when I advised her to check it closely, as there were a lot of fakes, she didn't believe that people actually made fakes!

Coming from a healthcare background, I just hope that one day the people that knowingly sell counterfeits need treatment for something, and can't get it because the moneys going to treating the people they hurt by selling them counterfeit goods!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Hello
smiles.gif

I hate it when sellers say this. If it'd genuine, you don't need to say it, show it in the photos! (I reported that one BTW)

Although it's not their fault, sometimes it's not just about the sellers, but also the buyers. Some buyers don't mind that they've brought fakes, and continue to use them anyway. I once had a colleague that brought a piece of Tiffany from ebay and when I advised her to check it closely, as there were a lot of fakes, she didn't believe that people actually made fakes!

Coming from a healthcare background, I just hope that one day the people that knowingly sell counterfeits need treatment for something, and can't get it because the moneys going to treating the people they hurt by selling them counterfeit goods!

Thank you Angi
smiles.gif

I actually politely emailed the above seller of that fake MAC palette, just to let them know that their item was fake!
I include her reply as i was somehow shocked that her sister sells this in US,to MAC OUTLETS??!
huh2.gif

Hi there,thanks for the information.To be honest i am abit confused,i do not normally sell MAC but i have an apartment in Florida and sometimes i bring MAC back.I do not mean from markets but shops,my friends me Mac who lives in Florida quite often.My sister does cosmetic parties and even sells to people who work in MAC outlets.This does not say made in China but i think i will remove it and speak to one of my sisters about it.Thankyou for your information,it does have a proper brisle brush with MAC on it once again thanks.

Best wishes sarah

Can someone please point me to this MAC brush in this fake combo ?Or do I need Specsavers ?

angi

Quote:
Hi there,thanks for the information.To be honest i am abit confused,i do not normally sell MAC but i have an apartment in Florida and sometimes i bring MAC back.I do not mean from markets but shops,my friends me Mac who lives in Florida quite often.My sister does cosmetic parties and even sells to people who work in MAC outlets.This does not say made in China but i think i will remove it and speak to one of my sisters about it.Thankyou for your information,it does have a proper brisle brush with MAC on it once again thanks.

Best wishes sarah

Wow, not just a liar but a creative liar. Wouldn't it be enough to just say, I didn't realise, I'll take it off? Oh well, at least it's been removed now!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Wow, not just a liar but a creative liar. Wouldn't it be enough to just say, I didn't realise, I'll take it off? Oh well, at least it's been removed now!

Lol Angi,i like the creative liar ...
th_LMAO.gif
but at least the listing is gone ....wohooo
Some of these peeps need a reality check !!