I hate blush...but I wanna accentuate my cheeks.

Artemis

Seriously, I have never used a blush that didn't make me look like a clown. I tend to wear heavier eye makeup and blush just makes me look like a clown but I want to have glowning cheeks. I am curious about MAC beauty powders. They look light and glowy but I don't want to pay 22 bucks for a product that might not work. I am around a NC 40-42 in foundations. I have dark brown eyes and black hair. Any suggestions?

eowyn797

the beauty powders are lovely! i just got Pearl Sunshine from the Barbie collection and it does that perfect glow thing for me when i don't wan tto use blush. MSFs also do this for me.

you can also apply your blush with a buffer - find a light peachy or pink shade that works with your skintone - usually avoiding the clown thing it just finding the right brush to put it on with.

faifai

I would really recommend the Vibrant Shimmer Bronzing powders from the L'Oreal HIP line. The color "Blessed" is a lovely glowy color and would work well on your skintone. I'm an NC45 and the color "Glowing" works a bit better on me because it is just a touch darker.

user79

Are you sure you just didn't apply the blush too heavily that made you look like a clown, as you say? Maybe try to pick a really subtle colour and apply it lightly and blend well.

nivea

maybe you could use a MSF? here you can see shimpagne on my cheeks
dezr13.jpg

oddinary

I really can't exaggerate how important blush is to makeup -- it brightens up the whole face and IMO, its a staple for me. I don't even wear eye makeup (personal reasons, hehe) but I never skip blush.
I suggest MAC's blushcremes - they will go on to give you a dewy, healthy look and since you can build it up - you won't have to worry looking like a clown. I started using blush with cream blushes, then once I got the hang of application and everything, I moved onto powder blushes.
smiles.gif
HTH

effloresce_

I love blush myself! I actually find powder blushes easier to use, perhaps if you try a lighter shade and just add a tinge of it it would work for you? Otherwise, maybe a bronzer if you are darker.

The beauty powders might be your kind of thing, or maybe the MSFs as well.

martygreene

You might also want to try something like Tarte's cheekstains or Vincent Longo's water canvas blushes. They are sheer and more natural, and give the appearance of an inner glow rather than a surface color.

neverfadetogray

i think natural-looking blush mostly depends on the brush you use to apply it. of course what blush you pick is going to make a difference, but using it with a light hand or with a brush that doesn't pick up too much product changes everything. i love mac's 187 for any blush because it's so easy to control how much product you pick up and you can easily buff it in. also, if you're worried about the color looking unnatural, try a peachy pink - i love urban decay's afterglow blush in score.

metalkitty

I agree with the posters who reccomend using skunk brushes like the 187 or 188 for blush or bronzer. Although I'm a fan of blush, I've heard of women who were once afraid of getting the clown effect using either of the above brushes with any blush and getting a sheer but buildable color that's easy to buff in to look natural.