I have a 60$ gift card, what are some MAC must-haves?

bluegrassbabe

Stilife paint, O lipstick, Shroom and carbon eyeshadows, lip conditioner, dame blush, and blot powder are some of my faves.

CrimsonCountess

If I received a $60 gift card, I would buy satin taupe e/s, expensive pink e/s, blacktrack fluidline and Shell Pearl Beauty Powder.

YvetteJeannine

In order to answer that the best way possible, you'll have to tell us what MAC products (if anything) you already own. I can think of a few really good things to start you off if you've never bought MAC before (or don't have that much), but...can you let us know if you already own any MAC??? Thanks.
smiles.gif

Pimptress

if it was my first trip to mac all over again i'd buy:

Canton Candy paint, Pink Freeze eyeshadow, Smoulder eye kohl, Mascara X, and Instand Gold lustreglass. all the things that started my obsession!

eco

shimmermoss e/s (i still can't decide if this is more green or more blue but i've always loved it- it can go on very sheer and looks great with pinks and can also be applied for a high color payoff)

gorgeous gold e/s (great on the inner corners of your eyes with almost any color scheme. looks awesome over greens and goes great with neutrals, golds, browns, anything!)

nylon e/s (highly reflective... a little of this color goes a looong way! great to tone down makeup that is too dark or too bright, or just to experiment and make new colors. one little dash of nylon will do wonders to your browbone/highlight area.)

studio fix powder ( i became addicted to this as soon as it touched my skin. it can make your face look good anyday, anytime, any weather. perfect for touchups.)

lust lipglass (first lipglass i bought, and i've bought it many times since. basically a glamorous version of my natural lipcolor, shiny, but not shimmery.)

Tonitra

Well, my number one must-have would be blacktrack fluidline (but then again you'd also have to spend money on a brush, unless you already have a suitable one-i love my 208 for applying fluidline).
Also products I think are staples: Bare Canvas paint (or another versatile base which works for you), Dazzlelight eyeshadow, Satellite Dreams eyeshadow, Instant Gold lustreglass. I also consider my eyeshadow brushes to be pretty essential, my favourite being the 239.
Hope that helps.

bellaetoile

another thing thats an important factor when answering this question is what your skin shade is, and what your makeup preferences are. frankly, a lot of the things i see listed so far would be very LOW on my list, and i'm sure others would feel the same way about things i would name, purely because we all have different color preferences, and certain shades look really great or really horrible on certain skin tones.

if i was starting out, i guess i'd go for some basics. studio fix fluid foundation, some nice brushes, and a few basic eye colors..you can branch out and build your collection with colors as time goes on..

Chic 2k6

awesome!

Well i always recommend:

Steamy e/s
Creme Du Violet e/s - highly recommended, beautiful colour of purple
Sweet Lust e/s
Bronze e/s
Lovechild l/g
Lychee Luxe l/g

Glitziegal

Depending on your colouring etc.

I would get

Eyeshadows in
Naked Lunch
Shroom
Kid
plus a bright that takes your fancy

Lipglass in
Viva Glam v (your lips but better)
and a brush.
My favourite brush is the 224 for application and blending of eyeshadows

I also love the liquidlasts but they can be a tad tricky to apply, but if you have expeience with liquid liners then grab one that takes your fancy.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

AudreyNicole

Hmmm, I would get:
Retrospeck e/s
Nylon e/s
Blacktrack fluidline
Dollymix blush
Vanilla pigment
Phosphorelle l/g
Hue l/s

Of course, that is more than $60 but they are some of my favorites!

Latest posts