I have a big dilemma, Please help

Vixxan

I have been purchasing Mac pigment samples from The Body Needs and Makeup Geek. I haven’t been doing a good job of keeping up with what I already purchased so sometimes I end up with duplicates. Today I received my order from Makeup Geek and noticed that I purchased another Naked pigment. The first one I purchased came from The Body Needs and they are two different colors. I’m so pissed because someone sold me a fake. I can’t believe this, what a shocker.

I have been purchasing from both site and I never thought either of them had fake pigments. I can’t believe this. Now which one is the fake? Unreal!!!

Vixxan

I'm going to get in my car and take a 2/12 road trip to the Mac Pro store and buy a real one. I hate being robbed and this is just wrong.

caffn8me

Swatching isn't the answer - apart from which, you don't know if the fake is skin safe.

Post pictures of the jars - full frontal picture, base picture and a picture of the box. It's the jars that give the game away usually.

Good luck at the Pro Store. You might actually have two fakes with both sellers having supplied you counterfeits.

pdtb050606

Please keep us updated, I have also purchased from both places so I'd love to know what you figure out

MACATTAK

I don't know anything about Makeup Geek, but do a search here for the The Body Needs. I've had issues with them & so have others for selling fakes.

Vixxan

I took all 88 pigments that I purchased from The Body Needs and Makeup Geek to the Mac Store. Since it was not a Mac Pro store there were only 32 pigments to test them against. The lady that helped me said that she has been working for Mac for 12 years and that she could spot a Mac pigment in the dark. All the pigments she tested from Makeup Geek she said are in fact Mac pigments. All of the pigments she tested from The Body Needs except for one are in fact Mac Pigments. The Naked pigment in question is not a Mac pigment. She thought that it could have been a sample of Fairylite but she said the color and finish (whatever that means) is wrong and that the pigment rubbed off really easily.

It just doesn’t make sense that the body needs would sell me 71 Mac pigments and one fake one.

It wasn’t a total waste the lady at the Mac store gave me 10 very generous samples and I’m $600 poorer, I just had to buy that all that stuff.

I don’t have a camera I’m going to purchase one later this evening then I’ll post some pictures.

I’m not really sure what I should do about this, it’s just weird.

abbyquack

That's so weird, have you contacted the body needs? I was tihnking makeup geek would be ok since she has a pretty good reputation. Find out where tbn gets their piggies, it's possible one fake got in the batch and they'll probably take care of it for you. Hope it works out!

Vixxan

I wish I had taken the glitter samples too. The glitter samples from the body needs and makeup geek don't match either. It's not worth it for me to drive back to the Mac store to figure out what these really are.

Buying these samples really was not worth the aggravation.

Thanks everyone for you help.

ninjakotte

at least two friends of mine have been sold fake pigments from the body needs, the one i remember was rebel rock blue, we spoted it easily since i had real RR blue and when my friend emaild the owner obout it al she got was "oh you hurt my feelings! i only sell real pigments! i have recipets!" and such blaa.. but no response when my friend accually asked to SEE the recipts, she did not get any more answres at all after that
ssad.gif

so i dont trust them AT ALL sorry to say..

Vixxan

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of fake/bootleg cosmetics, it just sounds so weird. It's sad that for a few dollars someone would do something like this. I strive everyday not to do anything to anyone I don't want done to me. I couldn't imagine doing something like this to anyone.

It's highly unlikely that any fake pigments or glitter came from Makeup Geek since all of their pigments were real. I also purchased pigment samples from Shop Craze and all of those checked out as well.

Darkness

Seems a bit odd if they're a reputable seller. They could have mis-labelled it. I was thinking maybe it's Your Ladyship pigment it is quite similar to Naked. That was a LE edition from the Antiquitease collection - Holiday 2007. I'm sure there's plenty of swatches on here of it. Hope you solve the mystery.