I love being on stage but....

user2

which foundation
* stays on for about 2 hours
* in the biggest heat
* in the spotlight
* and makes my skin look flawless!

I just have one week to go so I need some recommendations quickly!

TIA!

Demosthenes

For theatre/stage I use Ben Nye, but basically you need to go with "pancake" style makeup, where everything looks draggish and bright (especially for stuff like musicals, etc.). Of course, the colors will depend on the type of productions, but I would recommend using cream foundation, applied with a dry sponge. (Try to get this as close to your natural skin color as possible, and don't forget to blend!) Then, to combat the inevitable shine, take a big huge powder brush, dip it into transluscent powder, and dust it quite liberally all over your face, and blend it into the cream foundation. That should last at least 4 hours, and if you have breaks in between scenes, you can always dust more powder on to keep the shine away.

(Most theatres won't have this makeup available, but if you have it at home, Blot powder, and the cream mattifier from MAC also work really great. Be careful though, in case someone steals it.)

martygreene

I would suggest either the Mehron Celebre line, set with thier colorless setting powder (which has an anti-persperant ingredient added, and is amazing stuff) or either Ben Nye or Mehron's pancake makeup.

What are you doing on stage? I might be able to help you make the best choice for you, since theatrical work is what I do the most.

user2

I perform in a musical on my high school...Singing a little bit of acting...
My lovely MA gave me a sample of MACs Face & Body foundation....

martygreene

On stage you really needn't worry about your skin looking flawless, as stagelights will take care of that for you.

For a highschool musical, I would suggest either the Mehron Celebre creme makeup (set with their colorless setting powder- I use this stuff all the time, even for street-wear, it's great!) or a traditional pancake makeup from either Mehron or Ben Nye.

Demosthenes

From MAC, you could try their Full Coverage foundations. They are thicker, but I prefer Ben Nye, because they have such great coverage and they are really affordable.

martygreene

Really, I'm not a fan of MAC for stage save for unusual colors (chroma cakes, which are basically pancake makeup), and runway work. Mehron, Joe Blasco, Ben Nye are all good choices for stage.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
which foundation
* stays on for about 2 hours
* in the biggest heat
* in the spotlight
* and makes my skin look flawless!

I just have one week to go so I need some recommendations quickly!

TIA!

Madonna wore M·A·C Full Coverage for her Blonde Ambition tour because it was the only make-up that was found to stand up to the punishment she gave it.