I need a new foundation.

sel00187

Hiya girlies! I've nearly run out of foundation and I want to try a new one. at the mo, im using estee lauder individualist in shade 'beech' but i dont think they do it anymore. anyway, ive heard things about mac's foundations apparently theyre too heavy or too cakey. what are you opinions? i need coverage but i dont want it to look to heavy and i want a natural look. i suffer from breakouts, but not a lot about once a month or sumthing. what are studio fix fluid, select, studio tech like? also if anyone knows what estee lauder's Ideal Matte Refinishing Makeup, Lucidity Light-Diffusing Makeup are like? i want a foundation that lasts all day (doesnt everyone) and looks as good as it did in the mornin by the time the evening comes. i want to hide my flaws. lol. thanks for reading and i hope i can get some good advice like i have in the past on here!
th_worship.gif
wavey.gif

LoveLiz

I'm in the market for a new one as well. I tried Revlon ColorStay, but that reaked havock on my poor skin.
ssad.gif
I had NEVER had any big skin issues until about a week ago when I started using this stuff. Now in all fairness, the color and coverage were GREAT, but obviously anything that causes skin issues has got to go.

I've been a little hesitant to try MAC's foundations in the past because I've heard very mixed reviews. But, I'm going to give it a try anyway. ...Just not sure which one. All I know is it must be a liquid with awesome coverage, tee hee. MUA's & MULovers, help us out?!
greengrin.gif

browneyedbaby

I like my Studio Fix Fluid, it can be used sparingly for a sheer look but also is has buildable coverage. So you only apply what you need where you need it and shouldn't end up looking cakey. It's pretty long wearing, I set it with a light dusting of powder and Fix+ spray to give a more natural finish. I also apply with a brush which makes a huge difference. i have quite blemish prone skin and SFF has been fine for me.

Never tried the others!

ette

Armani LSF. It is expensive but worth it's weight in gold!! I also like Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 for the summer. Both have very yellow/golden tones.

as_cute_as_pie

never used studio tech personally but apparently its terrible for summer so u might wanna steer clear of that for the time being
smiles.gif

i have stupid fix fluid but im not that impressed maybe cos im pale and it still looks dark on me
ssad.gif

ive heard good stuff about BE and its good for summer too im going to get some once i have the $$$
greengrin.gif

electrostars

hah. right now i'm using dream matte mousse? is that maybelline? yeah.

but I usually like MAC's select spf 15 foundation. when I can afford it! I've never had a problem with that foundation.

bellaetoile

studio fix fluid is god in a bottle. mix with moisturegleam or strobe cream for summer, for a more sheer, glowing look. or put over primer and layer for buildable, more heavy coverage. i like mac foundations, always have. moistureblend and studiotech are decent as well.

dream matte mousse by maybelline and cashmere perfect by loreal are okay drugstore foundations. they aren't quite the same as mac foundations, but are much cheaper.

MarniMac

I really love Studio Fix...I apply it with the sponge that comes with it and then I blend it with a fluffy brush. It covers my redness without ever feeling cakey and I have dry, sensitive skin and it has never given me a problem...I love MAC products, but I would probably throw a hissy fit and cry if they ever got rid of studio fix, lol.
Oh, and I do reccomend using something to set it with. I've heard good things about Fix + Spray, but I use one by Lush called "Eau Roma" and my studio fix lasts through spin class, although I wouldn't reccomend wearing makeup in the gym...

kimmy

Studio Fix Fluid, IMHO, is the HG of foundations. i absolutely adore it. it goes on so smooth, and for a liquid foundation, it has amazing coverage. when i got the sample, i was looking for medium to full coverage and the MA said SFF would be perfect...i didn't believe her, but i took it home and tried it on and i'll be damned, it gave some amazing coverage.

it's not harsh on your skin at all either. so i think that even with slightly sensitive or acne prone skin you could get away with using it and not have a problem at all
smiles.gif

good luck, HTH!

sel00187

you've all swung it for me lol, stuido fix fluid here i come! cant wait to try it out! whats the best brush to use with SFF? Thanks!

LoveLiz

I hit the counter @ Dillard's yesterday and explained my problem to one of the MUA's there. She put some Studio Fix [fluid] on me and WOW. I was in love. Ended up getting that in [NW25], Prep + Prime, and a Try-On Pac w/ the Moisture Cream. Best part is, my skin is dramatically different from yesterday -- I'm talkin' nearly back to normal; Nice and clear. Hooray for MAC!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

LatinaRose

I tend to break out as well. While I loved how Studio Fix Fluid looked, it made my skin problems worse. I went to Sephora and they recommended Lorac oil free makeup. I like it, nice medium natural coverage and buildable if you need more coverage. I suggest you go in and ask for a sample of that. The SA also mentioned that whenever someone comes in saying they usually use MAC, they suggest Lorac. HTH!

sel00187

is it possible for MAC counters to give out samples? ive always put off asking cuz i thought they would say no. im 99% certain im going to get SFF but i just need tht extra push lol. (i get like this when it involves concealor/foundation)

as_cute_as_pie

^ ^ yep just go in nd ask, everytime i go im scared of gettin turned down so i just say i would like a sample cos i have v sensivtive skin and would like to try before i buy to make sure i dont break out, which is a total lie but hey so
smiles.gif
lol
i think they sample everything that is easy to put into vials and such, heard their a bit hmm about pigments tho cos people like to sell them on ebay
smiles.gif

also if u do just buy it and you find its not for you just take it back!

sel00187

i went to the mac counter yday and i asked what shade id be in SFF she tried it on me (she was a bit stuck up i might add!) she gave me a funny look as if thts so not you or u cant afford that! anyway i said what do u think? n she sed it looked too heavy n she went n got me Studio Fix in the powder version. anyway, she gave me...wait for it...NW15. i was shocked as i didnt think i was that pale. is that very pale? but the real problem is i got this in NW15, but i got Select Cover Up in NW20...should i get the SCU in NW15 next time? because it does look a little dark. one more thing lol...is NW15 my overall colour? thanks girlies!

Luckie_Duck

I like MAC Studio Tech cream foundation. Whether applying with a foundation brush or a sponge, I get a light to medium coverage that looks very natural. It totally evens out my skin. It's a little oily in the summer (I'm in southern California) but I still prefer this over the Select SPF15 Fluid Foundation because Studio Tech is more convenient since it's in a compact.

Latest posts