I need some advice on my looks

Julia Vanhorn

3bee_421447.jpg

Thank everyone for telling to post my pic in here to get some advice. Anyways, what does everyone think about my make-up (besides my foundation being too dark), and what would you have done differently. I am always open to new ideas, so don't be afraid to tell me lol. Here is my pic:

caRpediEm17

the only thing i can really think of is that your foundation is dark and so are your eyes and lip...now i am ALL for a dark, smokey eye or a dark red lip, but juSs not together ALONG with dark foundation...it juSs looks like its too much ya know? from what i can see (its kinda far away) your makeup application is fine...if you wanna do a smokey eye, do like a sheer peach on your lips...and if you want a dark lip maybe juSs do natural shadow and line the top lashline with a black liner or liquid liner (kinda marilyn monroe-ish)...hth! your very pretty by the way!

more_please

You have a lovely face, so don't feel like you need to wear tons of makeup. I would try thinking "light & fresh" for a new look. For your face, try tinted moisturizer, concealer, a sheer powder, followed with just a bit of peachy/pink blush on the apples of your cheeks, and maybe just a touch of contouring with a slightly deeper blush. For your eyes, try a thin line of dark liner (rich ground fluidline maybe), with a pearly neutral e/s from lashline to brow bone (phloof! e/s), and a wash of a pretty but light e/s on the lid (satin taupe), and of course 2 coats of mascara. For lips, either no or minimal lip liner. Try a "your lips but better" color, such as Viva Glam V lipglass. It might seem a little naked to you, but give it a try!
smiles.gif
hope that helps!

giz2000

Love the eye look, and the lip look, but not together...definitely go for the dark eye, pale lip combo (or vice versa)...and I have to say...you have FABULOUS cheekbones! 8)

Julia Vanhorn

I think it is just me, but for some reason I actually prefer to have dark eyes over light. Is this bad that I do that, or should cross the line and try doing light eyes for a change. Any advice on how to do that?
I was actually tanning at the time when I wore that foundation and was hoping that I was dark enough to make it work. Apparently not. I know that is a mistake that I will not make again lol.
I also want to add the colors that I used on my eyes:
Carbon
Chill
Cranberry
Beauty Marked
Black cream eyeliner
and the 199 eyelashes (the ones that are like an half inch long... which made me look funny lol)
I can't remember what I used for the lips or face.

For those that are familiar with stage make-up (with the bright spotlight), I would like to keep the same eyes, but not sure if I should still go light on the lips. In other words, how should my lips be?

caRpediEm17

i dont think its bad to like dark shadow and what not, because personally i love doing dark eyes as well...im still sticking with my previous reply though, that you should go light on the lips...i mean you dont have to be like completely bare or do a nude color, but like i said before, a sheer peachy color would be nice, especially on your skintone..i hope others can voice their opinions too cuz i dont fully know what would work best with you

asnbrb

if you're using it for on stage, the eyes are okay, but for everyday use, it's a little much. i'd really go with what everyone above me said- go either light eye/dark lip or dark eye/light lip. Lighter lips- a glossy one- look okay under stage lights- i've done it before.

giz2000

As long as the lipstick isn't too "greige," you'll be alright...look for something close to your lip color or a tiny bit lighter...

asnbrb

i would try the Viva Glam one or if you can possibly get your hands on it, Damzel. Body Suit and Hug Me both are nice natural colors. Either that or I'd go with something like a light berry color and not so dark eyes. Go look at the new Lingerie collection-- they have tons of really pretty colors. Push up Plum and Pink Maribu are really nice and they have some color and aren't matte.

ETA: i forgot to add that next time you tan, you might just want to mix your foundation with bronzer or something. it's a little cheaper than buying another foundation.
smiles.gif

joytheobscure

I think I'd keep the darker eye - but not too dark, use slightly lighter shadows and I couldn't tell anyone to get away from dark liner, lol..I think even "O" might work for the lips since you could apply it where it isn't too dark. I'd do a similar look but lighter shades browns etc...

You already have nice features so you don't need the dramatic lips or blush since you have such high cheekbones- I agree, Damzel, Viva Glam V or even a nice nude would look nice. Mac is so pretty its so easy to want to wear the pretty dark colors all over :)

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Vanhorn
For those that are familiar with stage make-up (with the bright spotlight), I would like to keep the same eyes, but not sure if I should still go light on the lips. In other words, how should my lips be?

On-stage you deffinitelly need to keep the heavy/dramatic look so everyone can see your lovelly face
smiles.gif
You look smashing btw!

For off-stage, I agree with the others, your makeup application should deffinitelly be less. But it doesn't mean you have to lose the smokey eye entirely! Just take it down a step or 2. The Viva Glam lipsticks would be a great choice to go with.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Vanhorn
How much lighter is okay, before it looks too awkward?

Try to match the foundation on your face to the colour of skin on your neck - that way there won't be a dividing line.

aquarius11

Personally, I love your eyes the way they are, but I'm a dark smokey eyes kind of gal myself. As for the lips, if you like them dark, try putting a lighter gloss over them to soften up the look just a tad, something like Oyster Girl, Prrr or Scent Me, or even Snowgirl 'cause it has that red sparkle in it. Even C-Thru lipglass would work fine. HTH.

Latest posts