I need some advice & questions answered please! I really do appreciate it.

user97

Hi! I applied at a Sephora inside JC Penny. I know its not the same store as the ones in the mall but I really like the location its at and right now I'm working at a TGF Haircutter as a stylist for 2 years. I've been interested in trying something new and different. I also need a better paying job. I'm working way too hard for what they pay. I'd work at a different salon but I don't have time to build up clientel again and I know my clients aren't gonna follow. I wanna stay in the beauty industry and I know having a license looks good. I'm not trying to make this long and boring so I will get on with it. Lol.

I knew they were hiring so I walked in and talked to a girl and left my resume.
I wait a few days and called the manager was busy. A couple days before Mother's Day I called again and finally got a hold of a manager and she told me that she has my resume pulled aside and that she cant do any interviews until shes gets the go ahead from JC Penny and she said that she would call me after Mothers Day weekend since things were really busy for them that weekend. And she thanked me for calling me.

Its been about a week and I still haven't heard anything. I don't know how long it takes for them to have permission do interviews or anything. I don't wanna bother them but I know I should be persistant at the same time.

My questions are: Should I call them Monday(tomorrow)? And what does a product consultant start off making? Rates are different for everyone I've heard. I just kinda want an idea. You can message me if you want or reply on here.

Thank you for your help. Please please please respond!

=]

AshleyMari

You need to go to JC Penney's website and fill out an application that way. Even if she does call you or set up an interview everything has to go through the website before you can continue the hiring process. Once you have done that call and ask for the Sephora Manager, they will immediately direct you to her. I would definitely say either try calling on a Monday or try calling on the weekend, thats when the manager is usually there. I would avoid calling at night, in my experience the Sephora Manager rarely closed.

When you talk to her tell her your name and say you've applied and dropped off your resume and was wondering did she have any time in her schedule to talk to you about a position.

Sorry this post is sexist. Sephora Managers can be men too, lol just none I've ever dealt with.