i need some summer look help!

kimmy

i need a nude...well, like NW15 coloured lipliner. i was thinking of just getting one of MAC's little concealer pencils and using that, would that work? or should i use an actual liner, and if so, suggestions? drugstore or high end, either way works.

i also need shimmery blush. i like MAC's frost finish blushes but i already have Honour and Margin and the others are too close to Margin for me to be okay with coughing up another 18$ for them. i want ALOT of shimmer...think Kevyn Aucoin's rendition innocence on Lucy Liu. i also want good colour payoff though. any suggestions? again, drugstore or high end is good.

also, the new pigments from She Shines..any must haves? i'm NW15, green eyes and black hair and i usually like wearing light, shimmery stuff in the summertime, so is this one of those lines i need to stock up on?

lara

If you can pick up Test Pattern lipliner from a CCO, try that. Otherwise just try bringing your foundation over onto your lips and setting it with a dab of powder before putting your lipstick on.

Do you use creme blushes at all? A good trick to getting really frosty and bright blush is setting a creme blush with iridescent highlight powder or something like the last round of sparkly beauty powders. If you want powder blush that's bright and spangly, see if there's a frost pigment in the colour you want and buff it onto your cheeks.
Most powder blushes are fairly sheer to compensate for people having heavy hands, so you usually have to improv a bit to get really pink cheeks.
smiles.gif

ette

I agree with Lara on the creme blushes and the Test Pattern l/l. Also, the creme blushes from Lure are really really shimmery.
From She Shines, Dazzle Ray seems to be a favorite for shimmery, natural look and a lot say it's their new favorite pigment.

kimmy

thank you both
smiles.gif

the only problem i have with blushcremes is that i wear foundation and i heard they don't mesh well with that, is there a way to get around that?

and not to sound stupid...but what's a CCO? hahaha i know i'm a tard. is it like a pro store?

ette

I wear foundation and use the 187 to put the blush cremes on and it is fine.
A CCO is a Cosmetics Company Outlet. They have discounted MAC/other EL brands. Usually holiday sets/LE stuff/random stuff.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
the only problem i have with blushcremes is that i wear foundation and i heard they don't mesh well with that, is there a way to get around that?

Obviously they don't go too well with powder foundation (mmmm, chunky), but they're fine with everything else.
smiles.gif

kimmy

thank you
smiles.gif
i use SFF so i think they'll work. i'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow and see how i like it!

d_flawless

i think maidenchant is exceptionally shimmery. i wore the hottest pink shimmery cheek look the other day, orgasm (NARS) blush, contoured with the 168, maidenchant over it with 187, and then apricot pink pigment over it with the 187...it was really pretty but still had color payoff, not enough to look overwhelming though
i think pigment definitely adds pretty shimmer to any blush product, esp. cream blush though, because it had the emollient which helps adhere it to skin. melon also works really well for this, and it's a great summer color. i've also heard good things about pink bronze...

Glitziegal

Have you tried Nars blushes. I have a few and they have great colour pay off....it may be worth a visit to a counter to check them out.

She shines pigment wise. My favourite is Azreal Blue....I don't wear blue very often but this is like a silver with blue shot through quite strongly (crap description I know)
lol.gif

Latest posts