i pierced my septum

kimmy

with a safety pin because i have too much time on my hands.
l_e1ebedefbca456c9151459ab09fd4087.gif

laurenmo88

wish i had the balls to do that lol...looks liek you did a really good job for doing it on your own! how does it feel?

Raerae

Heh... I don't recommend doing self piercings... At least you got yours to take the ring after LOL.

I did my bellybutton with a pin b4 i got it professionally pierced, and it was the worst mistake I ever made lol. For one, pins, needles, etc are DULL. Yeh, they look sharp and can prick you, but when compared to real needles used in piercings, they are really dull. So it was really hard to get it through my skin. Once I got it through (this took a LONG time LOL), i had so much swelling and black and blue from pushing on the needle, that I coulnd't get the bar int the hole i had made. Not to mention the needle was thinner than the jewelery anyways. So I basically had to wait several weeks while my black and blue and swelling went away. Then i just went to the piercing/tatoo place, and had it done in a hot second lol. Didn't hurt at all, and didn't swell/go black and blue.

Plus they use hollow needles when they do piercing, so the skin is removed, rather than being pushed inside making the piercing more prone to infection and rejection.

kimmy

yeah i just stuck and left the pin in for a while and then took the pin out and put the ring in.
smiles.gif
it actually didn't hurt as much as i thought it would...the initial piercing doesn't really hurt but it's sore afterwards.

yeah, rae there's alot that can go wrong with self piercing but i've done all of my own and never had a problem so i'm not too worried.
winks.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Plus they use hollow needles when they do piercing, so the skin is removed, rather than being pushed inside making the piercing more prone to infection and rejection.

Yeah, this is the main difference between a pin or even sewing or stitching needle we have and the ones at the shop.

Kim, you've got balls. I couldn't do it. I am getting faint just thinking about it.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Yeah, this is the main difference between a pin or even sewing or stitching needle we have and the ones at the shop.

Kim, you've got balls. I couldn't do it. I am getting faint just thinking about it.

i want to get it professionally done eventually, just to be positive that it's even and straight because when i did it, it's a little bit crooked. everyone says you can't tell, but i can and that bothers me.
lol.gif
i'm so stoked though, i didn't know if i was going to like it but i reeeally do!
smiles.gif

iiifugaziii

haha . it looks good on you! i got mine professionally done. i love it. apparently it's a hard piercing to get "straight" across so bravo if it is centered nicely!

SandMantas

I got mine pierced this past Sunday professionally (and love it!) , but mine was also a bit crooked at first. I have been wearing it tucked up a lot, and tugging it ever so slightly a bit when it is down, and it has straightened considerably. I was really worried I would have to get it redone, but it is pretty much straight now! You could try that. At the studio
, they told me that it will help it straighten on its own if you wear it tucked while healing.

It looks really good on you! I love septum piercings.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
jawdrop.gif
with a safety pin????????? kimmy
icon_eek.gif
it looks good on you but pleasssseeee take care of it!!!!!

oh for sure.
smiles.gif
i always do saline soaks on all my piercings three times day until they're healed, so i've never had a problem with infection...things getting infected is like a phobia for me haha.
lol.gif

mistella

it looks good!! i pierced my nipple with a safety pin 3 yrs ago and i still have it. nothing ever went wrong with it!

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
it looks good!! i pierced my nipple with a safety pin 3 yrs ago and i still have it. nothing ever went wrong with it!

oh my god. i thought the home septum piercing was painful.. but mistella, you are my hero. i dont know how you did that. *hurts for my boobs....

Bybs

I've had all my piercings done professionally, I just don't have the balls to do it myself.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella

WHOA! I could have never done that. I got mine done at the shop and I nearly died....and I've had them re-done several times and it's still traumatic.