i think I am so wrong with the colours i wear..what u think?pls help

Mandy007

Hi guys, first of all i'm very sorry for my english i'll try my best so you can understand me
smiles.gif
) i actually need a little bit of help with my make up...I'm going trough some hard breakup time plus I'm so stressed from work lately that i'm just feeling soooo tired and uninspired. I attached some pics of me so that you can see all my colour mistakes lately
winks.gif
i used to have dark hair but I gotz sick of it and now i have a lot of blonde highlights...first i loved it but now I'm getting tired of it again. everytime i see fotos of myself i think that is just not my colour..it makes me look older and sick because I naturally have a very light skintone with some redness area because i have sensitive skin and green eyes... my problem is that I dont like warm colours for me but everyone tells me that that fits to my type. I like all the barbie doll pink lipglosses and sometimes i see in pictures that ppl are right when they say it doesn't fit...also i really like smokey eyes... but then if i use a very black eyeliner or pencil for my eyes it looks tooo much on me i think.... well I'm trying to explain it my best but just take a look at my pics and see it yourself. would be so nice of you guys if u could give me any good advices on my make up & hair colour...
oh and another big problem that i have is that i still didnt figure out how to apply the blush best.. some tell me i should apply it right on the aple of my cheeks when i smile, some say to put it on the cheekbones..??? maybe you can post some pics of ppl that are the same type as me...so i can just learn it by looking at their MU
thanx so much for your help!!
once again sorry for the english
winks.gif
AND thanx so much for your help!!
XOXO

gildedangel

You are so pretty! You should wear the colors that make you happy. If you don't want to wear warm colors, then don't! Wear the colors that you think look good on you. If you think that a smokey eye looks like "too much", try using different colors in your smoky eyes like purples and browns. I think that your current hair color is very pretty, but if you want a change I think that a darker brown would be really flattering. You should apply blush the way that you think looks best! Blush placement is a matter of personal preference. I hope that this helps you!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
You are so pretty! You should wear the colors that make you happy. If you don't want to wear warm colors, then don't! Wear the colors that you think look good on you. If you think that a smokey eye looks like "too much", try using different colors in your smoky eyes like purples and browns. I think that your current hair color is very pretty, but if you want a change I think that a darker brown would be really flattering. You should apply blush the way that you think looks best! Blush placement is a matter of personal preference. I hope that this helps you!

too true

if you want some more advice, you could look at gurus on youtube like makeupgeek. she has a video about everything, and you should wear whatever you want!

yu.neek

I think those colours look great on you - wear whatever colours you like!
PS has anyone ever told you that you look like Fergie? Very pretty !
smiles.gif

Mandy007

aw thank u guys... yea i've been told fergie and someone said sandra bullock ... very falttering but i dont see it at all though hehe

makababy

ita with lovely ladies above! I think you are very pretty and your make up does not look bad at all. For black eyeliner, if you feel it is too dark, maybe substitute it with a dark brown? But yeah in agreement with what has been said. And you do look like Fergie!

CoralBlast

you look lovely and wear what ever colour you want . everything is trial and error so just try some combos at home. whenever i am bored i do a few eye make ups and then i wash it off.
if you like blues try this put the blue on the lid and a soft brown on the crease it always tones down the blue.
you can always pair blue e/s with gray on the lashline or the crease,
if eyeliner is to harsh fade it out with a q-tip or a blending brush or the 209(pencil brush) even the 213 would help.
as far as the barbie doll lips the first photo is fine if that is the pink you wear but try to wear a neutral e/s to pair it with so it that it fits your tan better because that is what keeps you from this colours your shading is dark and the pink will make you look like a playboy bunny.
i hope you are not offended by any of my comments because you are gorgeous and i agree you look like fergie.

One thing Ive picked up that is very handy for me is the "artist colour wheel" so if you want your lovely green eyes to really pop use a complementary eyeshadow colour which for you is red, red/orange or red/violet.
Its the same theory when you see green, orange, yellow concealers, green hides red, orange hides blue and yellow hides purple.
And about your blush find out what your face shape is and follow some guides on blush based on your face shape, it helped me decide where to apply it, well I hoped this helped a bit
smiles.gif

kimmy

i think bold lips and neutral eyes would look great on you, thought what you have going on right now is great too.

you mentioned barbie pinks, have you tried something like maybe impassioned or girl about town l/s topped with pink poodle or flashmode l/g and a neutral eye? sometimes eye makeup can distract from bold lips and look a little garish, so you could try some bright pink or red lips with a neutral eyeshadow, dark brown eyeliner and mascara.

i'm pretty pale with dark hair and green eyes and i love the smoky look too, but i don't ever use just black for it because it makes me look like that chick from the grudge. i LOVE using purple eyeshadows and smoking them up, browns or greys will work nicely as well.

a good general rule for blush is to apply to the apples of your cheeks when you're smiling and blend the blush outwards and upwards towards your hairline, then add some bronzer from the hairline blending downwards. it'll add a nice, healthy looking glow to your skin.
smiles.gif

hth!

lumonia

And there are also lots of cold brown hair colours available but perhaps you should go to a hairdresser and say clearly that cold toned brown pleaase heh Of course you can always try yourself but changing the colour yourself can sometimes cause a catastrophe ^^

Mandy007

hey guys thanx so much for all your help and advices.... i've changed my haircolor, now i got COLD blonde highlights and i think it looks way better...what u think? xoxo

DSC02799.jpg

DirtyHarriet

you are a beautiful girl, so don't let a breakup mess with your confidence!

i looked at your pics before i read your whole post, and the first thing i thought was - she would look great in warm colors. you have such a beautiful glow about you - remins me of Jennifer Lopez.

this look would be great on you:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2A0Fah4NHs

having said that: i do believe that you should wear what you like and what you think looks good and makes you happy.

also, with your green eyes, a purple smokey look would look stunning on you and really bring out those eyes. try fig 1 and shale.

as for pink lips: i would suggest a less blue more warm toned pink - it would still read as pink on your lips, but look less severe.

i hope that helps!

dietcokeg

you look perfectly fine! wear whatever you feel like all the other ladies said. your goregous - flaunt it!

Curly1908

You're very pretty, but I don't think the blond highlights suit you very well. You look much better with the original brown hair that you posted.

I agree with the other ladies that less eyeliner or a lighter color (brown?) eyeliner would look more flattering. Also, that shade of baby doll pink isn't flattering on skin as tan/dark as you are. There are some other (warmer) pinks that you would look fab in!

I'm just being honest since you asked for input. As everyone else said though, wear what makes you happy!

PlatinumV

From the pics you uploaded, you have beje undertones. So bronze colours are a must for you. And pinks ARE NOT. Same reason for the hair colour. Many people try with blond because blond is pretty. Blond is pretty just only if you have pink undertones, if you don't have it, the effect is a sort of yellow (hair) over yellow (face), like jaundice.
So the best way to improve your look is by sticking to the colours that fit most your skintone
winks.gif

funkychik02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy007
aw thank u guys... yea i've been told fergie and someone said sandra bullock ... very falttering but i dont see it at all though hehe

You look more like Fergie!

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy007
hey guys thanx so much for all your help and advices.... i've changed my haircolor, now i got COLD blonde highlights and i think it looks way better...what u think? xoxo

DSC02799.jpg

Looks better