I was wondering...

Hidden

Hello, im new (just thought id mention that) so if im posting this in the wrong place forgive me!

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to apply/blend eyeshadows. it would be great if someone could tell me step by step how to appy it. i added numbers to the colors so it would be easier to explain.

here are two shadows i bought:

id like someone to please explain both shadows so i can learn this finally
smiles.gif

thanks in advance!

purpleshadows.jpg

and

blueseyeshadow.jpg

Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Have you checked the Tutorials forum? Let me see if I can find anything for you.

Ok, there's a buttload of tutes there but you might want some basics:
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=25433

There we go! Hope that helps.

actually ive been going through the tutorials for over 45 minutes now.. i really only want to know something very simple.. like where the colors go on my lid with the exact shades ive posted.. im sorry if i sound a bit dumb.. but im new at this and really need it thrown in my face for me to understand it.

if that is not possible.. i was looking to do something like one of these:

849892s.jpeg

6.jpg

(found the above pic here http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...als+tips+steps)

but with the colors ive shown.

Wattage

For the purples:

As a general rule of thumb when you are starting out, go with lighter colours for the lid, wash and highlight and darker colours in the crease. I would use something light - like if you have a white or neutral shadow - to prep the eye area. Sweep this colour from under your brows right down to the lashes. Next, apply the # 1 colour to your lid and crease. Then, use a pencil style brush to define your crease with #4 colour. You can make the colours as bright or subtle as you like. Use your regular brush now to blend the colours. Don't overblend, you don't want to lose definition, just enough to make it flow. You can use techniques like lining under the eye with a little #4 and lining the upper lash line. I would use similar techniques employing the other colours. Good brushes make a world of difference.

It's long and hard to explain this because there are so many ways you could use those shadows. Like pixie said, read through the FOTDs. Honestly, until I got better, I used to practice at night and just wash it off. Practice makes perfect
smiles.gif

HTH!!

mspixieears

Sorry about that hon.

There is a FAQ on the anatomy of e/s application in the FAQ Forum but the image isn't showing so that sort of sucks. That is EXACTLY what you're looking for - it shows you where you put what sorts of colours.

But your e/s images aren't showing, or is it just me?

Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
For the purples:

As a general rule of thumb when you are starting out, go with lighter colours for the lid, wash and highlight and darker colours in the crease. I would use something light - like if you have a white or neutral shadow - to prep the eye area. Sweep this colour from under your brows right down to the lashes. Next, apply the # 1 colour to your lid and crease. Then, use a pencil style brush to define your crease with #4 colour. You can make the colours as bright or subtle as you like. Use your regular brush now to blend the colours. Don't overblend, you don't want to lose definition, just enough to make it flow. You can use techniques like lining under the eye with a little #4 and lining the upper lash line. I would use similar techniques employing the other colours. Good brushes make a world of difference.

It's long and hard to explain this because there are so many ways you could use those shadows. Like pixie said, read through the FOTDs. Honestly, until I got better, I used to practice at night and just wash it off. Practice makes perfect
smiles.gif

HTH!!

thanks for the help!

When i went into mac the lady put the make up on me.. but i couldnt see what she was doing because we wernt near a mirror..

she used all four colors and i loved what she did but i cant seem to remember where she put each color. i see how you pointed out how to use 2 of the colors, where would i add the other 2?

again thanks for you help.

Latest posts