If I have short lashes...

BlahWah

... would using falsies meant for the bottom lashes on the top lash line instead be a no-no? I just want fuller lashes, not necessary tons of length, cuz even the shortest I found @ Sally Beauty were long enough for drama on my wedding day! So I'm hoping wearing bottoms on the top would be a way of working it out, yah? Am I nuts?
rofl.gif

lara

Unless it's a particular look you're going for, it'll make your eyes look really bottom heavy and possibly make them look like they're drooping downwards. Extra padding on the bottom lashline can be aging - see those tele-evangelist wives for a fine example
winks.gif
A good rule of thumb is that whatever goes on the bottom lashline should be doubled on the top lashline.

I'd load up on waterproof mascara on the outer 3rd of your bottom lashline to give a bit of shape (and stop smudgies), but concentrate on bulking up the upper lashline with a good curl, loads of your favourite mascara and a few individual flare lashes on the outer 3rd. You can trim those to shape with some embroidery scissors so they don't have much length beyond your real lashes, but they'll fatten up the lashline and give a general impression of more lashes than you really have.

Have you ever had your eyelashes tinted? Some Japanese friends of mine with short, straight lashes swear by it, as the faux darkness of their natrual sparse lashes gives some definition and shape to their eye without needing to go overboard on mascara.

BlahWah

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough! What I mean is, would it be okay for false lashes meant for the bottom to be worn on the the top lash line instead. Since the false bottom lashes are shorter than false top lashes, I'm think that wearing the bottoms on the top would fit me better as my top lashes are quite short. =T

lara

Oh! Ok, I was thinking that you wanted to wear falsies on the bottom and get your Twiggy on.
lol.gif

Have you tried Ardell 112 lashes? They're really short and well-spaced, they look great for giving some thickness to the lashline without looking fake or chunky. The mini flare individual lashes are also great for adding oomph to baby lashes
smiles.gif

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Oh! Ok, I was thinking that you wanted to wear falsies on the bottom and get your Twiggy on.
lol.gif

Have you tried Ardell 112 lashes? They're really short and well-spaced, they look great for giving some thickness to the lashline without looking fake or chunky. The mini flare individual lashes are also great for adding oomph to baby lashes
smiles.gif

That's what i was thinking too
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif
smiles.gif

and i agree that mini individual lashes would look great on short (real)lashes

BlahWah

Mini's, eh? I don't recall seeing any around... for my wedding I used individual shorts, which were the shortest around... I'll look out for them at the drug store next time. Those and the 112's... I don't pay much attention to the #ing of them usually, so I'm not sure what they look like. =P

This all started when I saw MAC bottom lashes for cheap on eBay, and I thought I'd get creative.
th_dunno.gif
It's good to know there might be better options out there! Thanks so much for your help!

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Mini's, eh? I don't recall seeing any around... for my wedding I used individual shorts, which were the shortest around... I'll look out for them at the drug store next time. Those and the 112's... I don't pay much attention to the #ing of them usually, so I'm not sure what they look like. =P

This all started when I saw MAC bottom lashes for cheap on eBay, and I thought I'd get creative.
th_dunno.gif
It's good to know there might be better options out there! Thanks so much for your help!

Yes mini's always looks beautyful and ads an xta umph! to the eyes.
smiles.gif
hahaha! maybe i'll do a tut on the individuals *when i get of my lazy ass lol!*
th_confused_new.gif
i'm alwasys so tired when i get of work
ssad.gif

kimmy

tightlining can also work wonders for improving the look of your lashes. given that it won't make them look longer, it will make them look fuller
smiles.gif

you might give this stuff a try: http://billiondollarbrows.com/catalo...products_id=40 i've heard pretty good things about it. i know their brow booster is amazing, so i'm sure the same quality comes in this stuff
winks.gif

lara

When in doubt, get some sharp-ended embroidery scissors and get snipping. I trim all my falsies into shape and take some length off them if I have to.
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
tightlining can also work wonders for improving the look of your lashes. given that it won't make them look longer, it will make them look fuller
smiles.gif

you might give this stuff a try: Oooh, the Forever Lash and Brow B... Maybe I'll cut them a bit more jaggedly? =P

Latest posts