I'm moving to San Diego

astronaut

.... tonight. Actually I start heading out tomorrow morning at like 2am. :| After that I probably won't have internet for a couple of days.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I hope you have a safe and easy move.

Thank you :loveya: I know there's going to be a lot of drama with my dad bitching though... mmm some things will never change.

jayne5787

Welcome to San Diego!!
wavey.gif
I think you'll like it here. The people are generally nice...depending on what part of SD you go to. For some reason there are quite a few people who are rude to newbies that come here...I guess because SD is getting pretty overpopulated and expensive or whatnot. Oh, and watch out when you're driving because a lot of San Diegans have this "me first" motto going on, lol. Anyway, have a safe move and you should hit up La Jolla Cove and/or Sunset Cliffs for some beachy downtime. Are you here for school or just a change of scenery?

Bernadette

Welcome, if you need any advice on anything about this city let me know. What area are you moving to? Come see me at the MAC in Macy's at the Parkway Plaza mall in El Cajon
smiles.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Welcome, if you need any advice on anything about this city let me know. What area are you moving to? Come see me at the MAC in Macy's at the Parkway Plaza mall in El Cajon
smiles.gif

How very nice of youuuu!!! I'm going to be living near San Diego State kind of. I can't wait until I get everything unpacked and be able to venture out into San Diego
winks.gif

RoseMe

Welcome from a San Diegan newbie to another! I just moved here for work in June, so I am also in the "category". I LOVE living in hillcrest and all the great Mac resources here! If any of you want to meet up for coffee and make-up party please PM me, we will arrange a SD get-together!!
smiles.gif
Bernadette, would you like to me our make-up advisor???

astronaut

OMG! People here are such assholes! Is it really going to hurt you to let a car get by that's been blinking for a long time? I guess so because people feel the need to SPEED UP as if an extra car in front of them is going to screw their whole life up. It seems like everyone driving here feel like their in some kind of competition or race! I'm going to dread driving so much because it feels like going into battle. I miss Sacramento, where drivers are way more courteous.

MAC_Pixie04

"They called it San Diaaagoooo which of course in German means a whale's vagina...."

Welcome! I'm a San Diego native, I'm never leaving! I go to San Diego State, it's a decent area, if you don't mind the occasional frat boy and sorwhority chick running around (j/k! I love the Greeks!) Anywho, I hope you have a safe and easy move, and if you need a tour or a shopping buddy, feel free to seek me out! I love to make new friends *warm fuzzies*
....k in a less creepy kinda way. seriously, moving to a new town can suck so if you need some support to help soften the fall, I love to hang out everywhere in San Diego, like a welcome wagon!

woo hoo come see me at Sephora UTC!

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
"They called it San Diaaagoooo which of course in German means a whale's vagina...."

Welcome! I'm a San Diego native, I'm never leaving! I go to San Diego State, it's a decent area, if you don't mind the occasional frat boy and sorwhority chick running around (j/k! I love the Greeks!) Anywho, I hope you have a safe and easy move, and if you need a tour or a shopping buddy, feel free to seek me out! I love to make new friends *warm fuzzies*
....k in a less creepy kinda way. seriously, moving to a new town can suck so if you need some support to help soften the fall, I love to hang out everywhere in San Diego, like a welcome wagon!

woo hoo come see me at Sephora UTC!

University Town Center? I totally thought you worked at Fashion Valley
ssad.gif
But I'm going to San Diego State toooooo!
greengrin.gif
cheerleader.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
University Town Center? I totally thought you worked at Fashion Valley
ssad.gif
But I'm going to San Diego State toooooo!
greengrin.gif
cheerleader.gif

No. I thought about transferring cuz it's closer, but that store is DRAMA. Always busy, always getting hit and shoplifted. Their shrink is really high, it's like 40 or 50% which is a huge amount. I can't even stand to shop in that store, I'd kill myself if I had to work in it lol

astronaut

Quote:
No. I thought about transferring cuz it's closer, but that store is DRAMA. Always busy, always getting hit and shoplifted. Their shrink is really high, it's like 40 or 50% which is a huge amount. I can't even stand to shop in that store, I'd kill myself if I had to work in it lol

Is the service at the store bad or something?

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Is the service at the store bad or something?

no, but since it's sooo busy, there's a low chance you'll get a really good amount of attention paid to you. part of our client service module is to service multiple clients. so at FV if they're really busy, they'll basically answer your question as quickly as possible and move on so that they can get to everybody. i just dont like to work in such hectic environments, our store can be pretty overwhelming as is, so i like a slow/medium pace when i'm working so that i can give my clients a good amount of attention so that they're not like :confused::confused:
th_remoteImage-61.gif

we're having a Fall Into Fashion Event on Saturday from 12-6, if you wanna come in and get a free makeup demo PM me and i'll send you all the info. i'm excited about it, they usuallly encourage us to just "teach" so i love events cuz we can apply the makeup all the way through (I usually do anyway)

astronaut

Cool! I can't make it to anything anytime soon since I need to get ready for school and I'm nervous as hell! :| I want to go shopping sooo bad though, I miss MACC!! lol.

But I have something to talk about: makeup and the weather! It's sooo freaking hot and humid down here how do you girls wear makeup? I wore makeup for the first time today and I couldn't tell if my face was an oil slick or not because of the sweat. It just melted all the makeup right off my face! I love wearing makeup so this is making me so sad!

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Cool! I can't make it to anything anytime soon since I need to get ready for school and I'm nervous as hell! :| I want to go shopping sooo bad though, I miss MACC!! lol.

But I have something to talk about: makeup and the weather! It's sooo freaking hot and humid down here how do you girls wear makeup? I wore makeup for the first time today and I couldn't tell if my face was an oil slick or not because of the sweat. It just melted all the makeup right off my face! I love wearing makeup so this is making me so sad!

Well depending on where you moved from....
Our humidity is above its norm right now, but it's working its way back down. I wear Vincent Longo Water Canvas foundation, and I'm very oily but surface dehydrated so the water in it is awesome for my skin, and I carry blotting papers with me all the time for any oiliness that may (will) occur.

You'll get used to it, it's not so bad.

islandblossom

You're going to enjoy SD!

Btw, everything Pixie said about FV is true. I hate going to FV to get cosmetics. I get ZERO customer service. It's really irritating at times especially when you know what you want and want to get it over with real quick. Blah!
smiles.gif

Sparklevixen81

Welcome welcome! Hope your move went smoothly! San Diego is truly a wonderful place to live(minus the high cost of living and gas prices hehe)

Bernadette

I live over by state too. I go to the gym there, getting ready to head over to the ARC in a few minutes
smiles.gif

Anyway, the drivers here do suck, you really have to be aggressive. Everyone seems to think that they are somehow more important than anyone else on the road, oh and they're on their phones 99% of the time. Just be aggressive and cut em off if you have to. I use my middle finger a lot haha :shedevil:.
Anyway, I would lvoe to be the beauty advisor heh
smiles.gif
Oh and it has been way hotter than usual here lately, gosh it sucks.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I live over by state too. I go to the gym there, getting ready to head over to the ARC in a few minutes
smiles.gif

Anyway, the drivers here do suck, you really have to be aggressive. Everyone seems to think that they are somehow more important than anyone else on the road, oh and they're on their phones 99% of the time. Just be aggressive and cut em off if you have to. I use my middle finger a lot haha :shedevil:.
Anyway, I would lvoe to be the beauty advisor heh
smiles.gif
Oh and it has been way hotter than usual here lately, gosh it sucks.

Yes, Cali drivers are notorious for being discourteous and chatting on the phone. I'm not one of them, I'm rarely on my phone when driving or doing anything in pubic, I think it's rude as hell.

I was walking to class today, already late, and a girl stopped dead in her tracks in front of me to TEXT MESSAGE. My first instinct was to yell MOVE BITCH! and shove her. But i'm a little more classy, so I elbowed her a little and obnoxiously excuuuuuused myself. You'll get used to it, but yeah, these bitches ain't got no manners.

astronaut

Quote:
Yes, Cali drivers are notorious for being discourteous and chatting on the phone. I'm not one of them, I'm rarely on my phone when driving or doing anything in pubic, I think it's rude as hell.

I was walking to class today, already late, and a girl stopped dead in her tracks in front of me to TEXT MESSAGE. My first instinct was to yell MOVE BITCH! and shove her. But i'm a little more classy, so I elbowed her a little and obnoxiously excuuuuuused myself. You'll get used to it, but yeah, these bitches ain't got no manners.

I wouldn't say all Cali drivers. I notice it's a socal thing. Sacramento has awesome drivers! I'm so not used to driving aggressively at all. My philosophy when driving is if I ever get in an accident, it has to be because of someone else, and not my fault. And I have noticed people are always on their dang cell phones. I'm hoping the law next year will help some. I barely see any cops here either. I'm from the suburbs in Sacramento and lived near a police department, with a CHP and Sheriff departments not so far away. When in high school, it felt like everyone had a parent who was an officer. They were everywhere, not in a bad way.