is fix + worth getting?

HapaDynazty

??? or is there something else like it - what does it do does it make a difference.

should i get prep and prime for the face instead??? (im afraid Prep and prime will make me break out - i heard it clogs pores)

bottleblack

I use both - they both help my foundation stay on for longer, and the Fix+ helps reduce the powdery look on my face. Prep + Prime Face made me break out the first time I used it, but I realized that I was using WAY too much product - a little goes a long way. I usually only use 1/4th of a full pump.

as_cute_as_pie

i dont think it actually does anything the name is misleading it doesnt actually 'fix' make up its more of a 'refresher' people say water has the same effect

jess98765

Fix + is great! i love it to bits cos its just such a versatile product it makes spending however much on it worth every dollar! i use it after foundation for a glowly look
smiles.gif
and also sometimes as a liquid based solution for pigments
smiles.gif
love it!

AriannaErin

I Love Fix+ too, although I'msure there's a cheaper product that does the same thing, I still love it (plus it has all those happy skin ingredients in it that water doesn't)

I use it after my powder/foundation to freshen it up abit. I hate spraying it directly on my face so I spray a bit above and let it fall on my face, then sort of pat my face with a clean puff/sponge.

I also use it to foil my shadows and apply pigments. I love it with pigments. I put some on my brush then spray the brush with Fix+ then sometimes swirl it in the lid, then apply it.

My favorite is using Fix+ with Love Bud on the cheeks. Looks like a pretty peach MSF to me
winks.gif

aziajs

I really like it. I put off buying it for awhile but finially said what the hell and just bought it. I have not been disappointed. If you use Studio Fix Fluid I think it's a must. It applies the foundation better and takes away the powdery look. I also like to use it with pigments since I don't have any mixing medium. It works really well.

metalkitty

It took me awhile to justify buying a bottle, but once I got it I realized that all the worrying was unnecessary! IMO, this definately isn't just expensive water because the skin conditioners are really packed in there so that if you're in a hurry and need to moisturize a little this'll do the trick and its not sticky at all. Like others said it can turn an overly powdered look into a dewey or more natural look depending on how much you spray. Its like radiance in a bottle and a little goes a long way.

bellaetoile

fix+ and prep and prime skin do entirely different things.

fix+ is absolutely amazing, and is a staple in my everyday makeup routine in a variety of ways. spray a couple sprays on your powder brush, then run it though loose blot powder to set your makeup. sweep your 187 through your msf, then spray the brush with fix+ and apply to cheeks for an extra glow, or spray it directly onto your face, from about a foot away, to kind of "set" your makeup, if you will. it also smells lovely, and is great to have in your purse or car for a pick-me-up while on the go. plus, a bottle lasts for freaking ever.

prep and prime goes UNDER your makeup, and just helps it go on smoother, and stay longer. smashbox makes a similar face primer, which, IMO, is better. still, both the primer and fix+ are essentials, to me.

Brianne

If I use it too often or use too much, it breaks me out. I need to use it really sparingly. I like using it with my 187 and MSF, especially with the deeper colored ones like Stereo Rose. I also will spritz it on my e/s brushes to intensify the color.

user79

I looked at it today in the store. I sprayed it on the back of my hand and sort of rubbed it in...I didn't really notice anything at all.

Latest posts