Is it THAT bad?????

user3

No it looks fine.

Now in the old pic the blush looks a bit heavy but sometimes camera's play tricks with makeup.

LivingPink

On the new pics you are perceft,forget the old one.
You could play with colors,don't have to be natural (but you georgous with netural make up),just try to wear WARM tones.
So you are really pretty.Let's try a pinkish-bronze lips,and let show it for us.
smiles.gif
please

user4

i really like the new pics a lot better. in the old ones u were using way to much blush and the lips didnt suit u very well... u could try a bit darker shades for the lips if ya want and i think the eyes look nice in the first pic... u can play up the eyes so much because they are so pretty that you dont need to do the heavy heavy blush... i really like the new look a lot better!

Hawkeye

To be perfectly honest and blunt (and forgive it if it sounds cruel) but the older picture of you the makeup makes you look horrendous. It really makes you look a lot older than you are, and to be perfectly honest it just looks terrible.

The other ladies will be very sweet and polite and sugar coat it but unfortunately I'm not nearly as nice as they are.

I'm sorry.

The newer pictures I like and its stunning. I do think maybe once you go to mac in germany they will be able to help you more with colors than we can but girl in your older pictures you were wearing WAY too much makeup that was NOT flattering in any way shape form or fashion.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
To be perfectly honest and blunt (and forgive it if it sounds cruel) but the older picture of you the makeup makes you look horrendous. It really makes you look a lot older than you are, and to be perfectly honest it just looks terrible.

The other ladies will be very sweet and polite and sugar coat it but unfortunately I'm not nearly as nice as they are.

I'm sorry.

The newer pictures I like and its stunning. I do think maybe once you go to mac in germany they will be able to help you more with colors than we can but girl in your older pictures you were wearing WAY too much makeup that was NOT flattering in any way shape form or fashion.

Hello, overboard! Um, while the colors may have been a little bright and not as flattering for your skintone as they could have been I would never say you looked horrendous, and Im a pretty honest person too. People have to experiment to learn what looks good, so we all go through phases of stuff thats not great on us. However, please dont look back and feel like you looked like a hooker...cause you didnt.

Mandy007

thank u guys.... I really HAVE to go to MAC here in hamburg i think
smiles.gif
I'm looking forward to do it next week. I really appreciate all ur help and honest thoughts and I'm going to look for some of the colours you guys recomended me... thanx again.
YOU ROCK! ;o)

jess98765

personally i didn't think the old picture looked all that bad! and i am genearlly an honest person too! I think you couldhave toned down a bit on the blush,. but other than that, you looked fine!- Not too much makeup on at all!
The new pictures show more of your skill and therefore you look very pretty!
Please don't get offeneded by what the others said about you....
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

With all due respect death, I never said she looked like a hooker. I just said it made her look horrible. She wanted our honest thoughts and I gave it to her.

Now Mandy- please dont get offended by what I said, but I will give you my honest opinion (and again will NOT sugar coat it!)

You are a beautiful girl dont forget that. If you do get to go to MAC next week ask them for some color advice and application advice. They are experts and they will be able to help out a lot
smiles.gif
So have fun next week when you head to MAC
smiles.gif

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
With all due respect death, I never said she looked like a hooker. I just said it made her look horrible. She wanted our honest thoughts and I gave it to her.

Now Mandy- please dont get offended by what I said, but I will give you my honest opinion (and again will NOT sugar coat it!)

You are a beautiful girl dont forget that. If you do get to go to MAC next week ask them for some color advice and application advice. They are experts and they will be able to help out a lot
smiles.gif
So have fun next week when you head to MAC
smiles.gif

You are right, you didnt say she looked like a hooker. You were just a little harsh. Anyways, she didnt seem to be too offended and that is a good thing
smiles.gif

user3

Just a reminder that we are all here to help Mandy007 not criticize what others have to say.

Mandy007 if you have a problem with any of the post you are free to any of the mods or admin
Admin and Mod contacts

Jennifer Mcfly

The new pics look so much better!!!
I think the main problem with the old pics was that the cheeks and lips didn't match. The colors just didn't compliment each other. I think you can get away with the vibrant blush as long as the lips are in the same color family.
It's like wearing Icey blue eyeshadow with bold red/orange lips, absolute NO NO!! Just try to pick colors that compliment each other. If you want to wear a really cool lipcolor, then wear a more cool toned plum colored blush, and if you want to do a bright pink/peach cheek, keep the lips sheer but in the pink/coral color family.
You can get away with bright makeup as long as the colors compliment each other.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
Just a reminder that we are all here to help Mandy007 not criticize what others have to say.

Mandy007 if you have a problem with any of the post you are free to any of the mods or admin
Admin and Mod contacts

Understood
smiles.gif
Sorry to all involved. Hope we could all help you out Mandy!!!!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
Understood
smiles.gif
Sorry to all involved. Hope we could all help you out Mandy!!!!

winks.gif

Oh & Mandy I'd love to see you in some warm berry toned lipgloss!
You could pull off a great bronze smoky eye!

Christina Victoria

I don't know. In the old pictures, your blush is a bit heavy, and seem to be in an unnatural-looking circle on your cheeks. Your lips are also a bit bright, which kind of throw off your other features.

In the new pictures, I think you've matched the colors well, but your face looks a bit washed out (Maybe the flash?). I personally like both, but perhaps some applying tips could help make the old look become spectacular. You are very pretty, and you have wonderful features.

Try investing in brushes. For Staples, I recommend the 187 (Bronzer, Blush, CCBs, MSFs..), 190 Foundation Brush, and a Blush brush of your Choice (I use 129). You may also wish to buy a good concealer brush, or a brush specified for liquid products.

To brighten up your face, while looking natural, try an all over-bronzer, on the cheeks, forhead, nose, and lightly on other parts of the face. I use NARS' Laguna Bronzer with my 187 Brush.

On top of your Bronzer, you may wish to highlight your cheek bones. Swirl your 187 Brush in a Pearl Cream Colour Base, and gently apply to your cheek bones. This color looks wonderful against the Laguna Bronzer!

To top everything off, lightly add a hint of your favorite Blush (Mine is Nars' Torrid, Deepthroat, or Orgasm), and a MSF like Gold Deposit or Shimpagne. You may also wish to use the new Shimmer Powders or Pearlizers - Pretty Indulgent (Shimmer powder) is my favorite.

For lips, I would reccomend a soft pink, or neutral tone. I like C-Thru (MAC), or Nars' Turkish Delight. A neutral lip gives you plenty of options to play with a flashy or well made up eye, as most neutral tones go with anything. You may wish to try a Smokey-eye look, or different looks with the Glitter Liners. The choice is yours!

I hope this helps, and I think that you look pretty in all of your pictures.
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it

Admin and Mod contacts

You took the words out of my mouth!! I attempted to post something like this in my initial post but wasn't as succinct as you so I just gave up!!!
smiles.gif
Better to stay out of such triviality anyway. I'm sure she's a big girl and can stick up for herself if need be.

Mandy007

I'm NOT offended in any WAY girls, don't worry. I like to hear different oppinions ;o) nad i'm thankful that u guys are willing to help.. <3

@christina: do u know where to get all the brushes and stuff in germany?? are they very expensive??
Cuz I think i'm gonna waste TONS of money next week when i go to MAC!!!! LoL

Mandy007

well guys now since u all know me and my face...
I found some NARS BLUSHES on ebay in germany in the colours: ORGASM, DEEP THROAT and NICO
Which one do u think fits me the most???

Christina Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy007
I'm NOT offended in any WAY girls, don't worry. I like to hear different oppinions ;o) nad i'm thankful that u guys are willing to help.. <3

@christina: do u know where to get all the brushes and stuff in germany?? are they very expensive??
Cuz I think i'm gonna waste TONS of money next week when i go to MAC!!!! LoL

I think the 187 is $42.00, and the Foundation brush is $32.00 (USD). I don't know the German translations, sorry.
ssad.gif

They should have the brushes at the MAC counter or store. The 187 is Black, with White tips. Just ask for the #190 Foundation Brush, they should know what you're talking about. They also have a vast selection of Blush Brushes.

Christina Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy007
well guys now since u all know me and my face...
I found some NARS BLUSHES on ebay in germany in the colours: ORGASM, DEEP THROAT and NICO
Which one do u think fits me the most???

I like Deep Throat, it is like Orgasm, but a little less Pink-ey. It is a beautiful Peach color.