Is this a fake?

Hepcat288

So I live in a country that does not have a MAC store. I buy all my makeup from local vendors who claim to get their products from Thailand and Malaysia.

I just recently bought a Studio Finish Concealer. I've never owned one before so I'm not sure what the pot is supposed to look like. But the ring inside the pot that holds the pan in place doesn't look right to me. The plastic on the ring is very shiny compared to the rest of the pot. Is this normal? All other mac products I own, including eyeshadows and blushes are made of a matte finish plastic. And the ring inside all of them is matte just like the rest of the plastic.

Could someone here please tell me if their studio finish concealer has a shiny plastic ring or matte? It would greatly ease my mind. Thank you.

I attached a photo for reference.

MollyMaquillage

That must be such a pain having to be leery of every product that you buy.
But, to ease your mind a bit.. my studio finish concealer has a shiny ring around it as well (I purchased mine at a mac counter) so you don't have to worry.

Hope this helps out a bit :)

Hepcat288

Thank you so very much!!!
flower.gif

Yes it is a pain. Not to mention I always have to pay nearly double the price for everything. I normally wait for when I go on vacation to do all my cosmetic shopping. But I just got impatient this time.

Thank you again for easing my mind.