Is this is a bad idea for my Mac base?

Sushi_Flower

I have always used used Studio Tech as my base. I recently decided that the shine/dewy look Studio Tech gave me after awhile did not suit me and so i now use Blot Powder alot all over my face and that does suit me better and looks good but i'd still like to have a glowy fresher face but still matt...does that make sense?

Just on a whim really i'm thinking maybe i should use Hyper real foundation and then Blot powder all over..maybe that would give me a glow but the Blot powder would ensure a matt look at the same time? I havn't tested Hyperreal out ever and can't at the moment so i'm just going by people's reviews of it so you guys have to tell me if this sounds like a bad idea for what i want or not.

Or should i just stick to my usual base and use Fix + over it as i planned? Would that take away the matt look? Because essentially i want a matt look but just a glow from within.

Oh and does it have a pinkish sparkle to it like i've read in the reviews?! Because i'm an NC43 light brown skinned Indian and i would hate to have pinky base!

martygreene

I'm moving this to reccomendations, as I think you'll have better luck there for responses on this.

I might also suggest mixing vanilla pigment with your foundation, as opposed to using hyperreal, as I do find hyperreal has a pinker sheen, whereas vanilla would give a nice golden sheen.

toby1

Hi I am an NW45 with oily combo skin I use a the MAC Select Tint, Blot Powder, and then I spritz Fix+ over my face to give a dewier finish

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
I'm moving this to reccomendations, as I think you'll have better luck there for responses on this.

I might also suggest mixing vanilla pigment with your foundation, as opposed to using hyperreal, as I do find hyperreal has a pinker sheen, whereas vanilla would give a nice golden sheen.

Interesting...but how can i mix Vanilla pigment with Studio Tech as it's not liquid and i don't like the idea of mixing the 2 on my hand and then applying to my face as that's not fast and convenient. Could i apply vanilla to my face first and then blend Studio Tech into it...oh damn that that just sounds like something that i wouldn't perfect well. Maybe i'll try it tomorrow. Why does it have to have a pink sheen to it?!!? Mac is for all coloured people so why would they have pink sheen in every foundation colour for Hypereal?!

macdoll

hyperreal is divided into two categories nc's with a peachy golden glow and nw's with a pink glow try
nc 400 or nc 500