Is this pigment authentic?

astronaut

I'm really really bad at spotting fakes so I'm hoping you guys can help me. I found this auction and it looks like a really good deal for Emerald Green pigment. I've been wanting this pigment for a long time now. I searched the seller's username here but got nothing. She says her MAC products are 100% authentic on the listing. What do you think? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170171569030

Seller: glittergrll1977

MACATTAK

By looking at the picture, I would say NO!!! The base of the jar looks mighty thick, plus the sticker on the box is in the wrong spot. Also, this color doesn't look like Emerald Green...looks more like a Golden Olive, then again if it's fake it won't be either.
nonono.gif

Also...I just looked at her other pigments...some are eye shadow names, not pigment names. These are definitely fake. Don't waste your money
smiles.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
By looking at the picture, I would say NO!!! The base of the jar looks mighty thick, plus the sticker on the box is in the wrong spot. Also, this color doesn't look like Emerald Green...looks more like a Golden Olive, then again if it's fake it won't be either.
nonono.gif

Also...I just looked at her other pigments...some are eye shadow names, not pigment names. These are definitely fake. Don't waste your money
smiles.gif

Thank you! And she dared to say it was "100% authentic"! WHAT A CON!

Scotch Lass

I bought these pigments and am waiting for them to arrive. Wish I had found this web site before I ordered them. Don't know if they are the real deal or fake yet until I get them. Will post pictures when I get them to see what you guys think?

Thanks

darklocke

About a month ago I bought two e/s from glittergrll1977 (before I found Specktra), and today the shipment arrived (the first one supposedly disappeared in the mail, so she sent another one). I bought "Purple Shower" which looks authentic enough, and "Burnt Orange" which is without a doubt a fake. She claims that it's 100% authentic, and that it differs from the other one because it's a PRO e/s.

Why I think it's a fake? Well, first of all the cardboard box is off. It has this strange feeling, and it's easy to mark. Then it's the lettering, it's color is off, and the font is slightly different from all the rest. The cradle is NOT shiny, it's matte (or rough), and the pot does not state what finish this e/s has - and no batch number.

Blah!