Is This Really Worth It? Or She Just Trying To Make A Sale With Me....

cynister

I went into MAC today and to make a long story short....the MAC lady recomended me the Lip Conditioner SPF15 because she said i have dried lips and my usual chapstick is not as affective as the lip conditioner.

My question is....do you think its worth it? [does the lip conditioner actually work?] and how much is it? the MAC lady told me $14....BUT when i checked out macccosmetics.com, it was $12.50

Pushpa

i hate them and will never give up vasaline to a lip conditioner your chapstick does the same thing

tarteheart

I love Lip Conditioner, personally, but I got it for really cheap as a swap. I'm not sure if I would pay full price for it, but I do put it on every night before I sleep so the conditioner can be more effective (and I don't use so much because I don't use it during the day).

user79

lol

she's just trying to sell you stuff you can get for cheaper. $14 for a chapstick, geez.

dollbabybex

I really love it esp the pot version.

its REALLY moisturising and really glossy. smells delicious

plus you can back to mac it too x

alysia

cheaper & prolly better version: Keihls # 1 lip balm. The best thing ever for you lips. It's 8$ CAD here.

beautenoir

Welll....considering that it's her job to do so, she is probably just trying to sell you something, but that dosen't mean she doesn't actually think that you would benefit from it...but you should consider this...$14 for MAC lip condition IS more expensive than $3 chapstick....HOWEVER....MAC everything is more expensive than a drugstore!....there's a reason we pay for more expensive eyeshadows, lip stuff, face stuff...ect...you know?
I personally would give it a try...it could be amazing!...if you decide your $3 stuff is better for you, then you know that you will never have to pay more than $3 for chapstick again!
I personally love drugstore mascara...it just works for me...use whatever works for YOU...but you aren't going to know unless you try it!

betty

The reason it is that price....

Well the reason that the lip conditioner is a little more pricey is because it actually does work! Yes, I am a MAC Artist, but I'm not trying to sell my product here. It contains Shea Butter which is a conditioner and you'll find it in most lip products, it also has Avacodo oil in it which replenishes the lipid barrier of your lips helping them stay moist, soft and supple. Plus, it has that wonderful SPF of 15 in it to protect from the sun's harmful rays.....who could ask for more?!!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautenoir
Welll....considering that it's her job to do so, she is probably just trying to sell you something, but that dosen't mean she doesn't actually think that you would benefit from it...but you should consider this...$14 for MAC lip condition IS more expensive than $3 chapstick....HOWEVER....MAC everything is more expensive than a drugstore!....there's a reason we pay for more expensive eyeshadows, lip stuff, face stuff...ect...you know?
I personally would give it a try...it could be amazing!...if you decide your $3 stuff is better for you, then you know that you will never have to pay more than $3 for chapstick again!
I personally love drugstore mascara...it just works for me...use whatever works for YOU...but you aren't going to know unless you try it!

Well stated! ITA
I personally like the TLC's and the clear tube one I reach for often and use it as a base for all my lip products. However, trying it one time can't hurt and you might even like it.

cynister

thanks everyone. i read each and every post listed here and i decided to just give it a try. heck...i'll use it once and if i don't like it, i'll never buy it again and i'll go back to my natural ice chapstick. i know trying it will prevent me frum thinking all the "what if i bought it?" or "what if it actually DOES work better than my chapstick?" so yea....im planning to go get it whenever i have the time. i'll let everyone know my results!!!! =]

-cynthia

mspixieears

I haven't got the clear one, but as a seasoned lip balm user, the tinted ones aren't too bad! Actually, they're lovely, moisturising and not too sticky. I'd take tinted over untinted, but let us know how you go.

elainevdw

$15 seems high but not insane. I've seen lip balms that are upwards of $50 -- no way!! The real question is whether you think your lips are abnormally dry. Just because the saleslady says they are doesn't mean they are. If they're chronically chapped, then you might want to get something beefier than your regular chapstick!

I love using this $5 lip balm by Weleda . It has shea butter, jojoba oil, and a couple other things. I also just got this heavy night cream for a moisturizer (Dermalogica), and it does wonders if I also smear it on my lips!

Latest posts