I've got the blues

shamelessmuse

I have really been wanting to try some blues, but am very hesitant on how they would look. I am very fair with yellow undertones, strawberry blonde hair and green to hazel eyes (green, grey rim and gold flecks). My eyes look more yellow in gold and yellow clothes, grey green in blacks and green, green in orangey and green clothes. I need versitle colors that can work from day to night (day is usually classic as I am a marketer for healthcare ie suits each day). Any suggestions? I really like how moons reflection looks on others...but I don't know how to go...give a girl some confidence if you think she can wear some blues, color and wear suggestions.

hotti82

ok, maybe start out with a blue that's not SO bright, like maybe tilt or clear sky blue mixed with aquadisiac? if you're looking for a smokey eyed look, try aquadisiac and steel blue on the lid and deep truth or contrast in the crease/outer V ( there's a tutorial similar to that around here somewhere, the lady who posted it looked pretty fair); if you have a pic it would be really helpful in recommending colors for you...I don't know if that helped...just play around with color until you find something that you're comfortable with...

shamelessmuse

Yea, a pic would be helpful huh?
winks.gif
Here are two from another sites FOTD

fotd.jpg

auburneotd3.jpg

hypodermic

I have very similar colouring to you. My eyes are very green with lots of yellow. I've found that if I do an eye look that is all blue, it tends to not look so good with my skintone, kinda shifts me much more toward jaundicey yellow green. My favorite way of wearing blues is as a punch of colour in the outer V and the rest of the eye done with cool neutrals or whites. That way you get the blue without it competing with your skin colour and your eye colour.

Most of my blues aren't MAC, but here ya go:

Deep Truth and Fade from MAC
Water Cooler and Blue Ice from Milani (A great way to try blues!)
Picadilly from UD, but I don't think they make this anymore

I think that Moon's Reflection or Freshwater would be great too!

shamelessmuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypodermic
I have very similar colouring to you. My eyes are very green with lots of yellow. I've found that if I do an eye look that is all blue, it tends to not look so good with my skintone, kinda shifts me much more toward jaundicey yellow green. My favorite way of wearing blues is as a punch of colour in the outer V and the rest of the eye done with cool neutrals or whites. That way you get the blue without it competing with your skin colour and your eye colour.

Most of my blues aren't MAC, but here ya go:

Deep Truth and Fade from MAC
Water Cooler and Blue Ice from Milani (A great way to try blues!)
Picadilly from UD, but I don't think they make this anymore

I think that Moon's Reflection or Freshwater would be great too!

That is why I have been so reluctant! Thanks for the advice! I guess I should play with some cheaper stuff first and maybe look at bringing in blue with other colors...but what colors would you all suggest to mix with the blues...I just love the way some of you look with blue.

Also, thanks to the above poster for the compliment! I am truly blushing!

hypodermic

I would suggest greys, silvers, and even some lavendary purples or lighter greens. My favortie look is UD Vapor on the lid (shimmery silver white) and any of the blues I own blended into it in the outer V and a little in the crease. Another look I do is Vapor on the inner V, either the interference blue or green from the NARS Iceland duo, and a blue in the outer V all blended. If I get ambitious I'll try a blue look tomorrow and post some photos.

My main suggestion is this, hit up the drugstores for blues (even if you have to pack the colour on you can get a good idea of what you like) or go to tkbtrading.com and get some $1.50 samples of their blue pigments (you get a tablespoon of pigment! ultra cheap! they supply places like sweetscents and aromaleigh). Much cheaper than buying eyeshadows at $14 a pop.
winks.gif
Don't stay away from blues, they are fun! You just need to use them as accents. Line your eyes, the outer V, etc!

inlucesco

I bet aquas, teals, and turquoises would be flattering on you. I am wildly fond of Steamy and Aquadisiac and my coloring is similar to yours, especially when my hair is red. Try a blue shadow as a liner to see what it looks like!

I don't think the cooler blues and silvers would flatter you as much, though.

natalie75

what are the colors in the second picture? lips/eyes

I have blue yes and today I wore malt (lid), mulch (crease) and retropeck highlight and to tone down the mulch alittle. TONS of compliments!

fishchick72

I just wanted to thank you for posting this, I have similar coloring to you & am also afraid of blues. My next trip to MAC I am planning to get some blues. But I wasn't sure what to do with them. I think I will take the suggestion of using it as an accent, to line & do the outer V with the blue. I will also see what the MA suggests. Hopefully I can find a good & helpful MA this time around. My first time I had a great one, then my 2nd & 3rd times I did not. I am trying a new place each time I go.

Latest posts