Keep Coral Grade l/g or get Heat-Element duo?

BlahWah

I've got Coral Grade and I love the colour, but I don't like it's frost. It'd be great for an evening look, but I don't have many of those (boo!). Should I return it and get the Heat/Element duo instead? I'm thinking MAC will come out with another colour similar to Coral Grade but w/out the frost. As for the duo, I don't have Amber Lights or Coppering, which are said to be similar to this duo.

Thanks for your input!

Makeupluvr

If you don't like the frost, I would say swap it. I am sure it is a color you could recreate with a liner, lippie, and clear gloss (can't think if what it looks like off the top of my head but if it is just coral that you are looking for, I would suggest cedar liner, with sea sheer lippie and clear lipglass, you can use the cedar to make the color as deep as you want). IMO, the mineral e/s duos are GORGEOUS (I have posted product pics and swatches in the haul section if you are interested). AND powder products have a longer shelf life so even if you don't use the e/s duo often, it will last longer.

HTH
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Wow, Makeupluvr, that's a convincing post, complete with alternative recommendations! *lol* I actually turned in my deep dark bronzant instead (please, no one hurl stones at me!) because as much as I loved it, the mousse thing wasn't working for me, maybe cuz I never really use bronzers in the first place.

Any case, I got Heat/Element and it's gorgeous! I definitely want to go back for Bright Side/Gallery Gal as well. I love the soft, shimmery look of all the shadows, esp. since the frosts I've gotten lately are a bit too... frosty. =P

I might still exchange the l/g for sthg else... I think I might actually want B.S./G.G more, but I keep staring at Coral Grade's pretty packaging, and someone used it in her fotd ...
sigh.gif
so indecisive, I know...

Makeupluvr

LOL, as long as you are happy with it and you got other stuff you want, it is ALL good! You can always try my rec and see what you think too, I mean before you return it (if you decide to). HTH! And congrats on your other items!
smiles.gif

Latest posts