keeping blush on longer

madkitty

mine looks fab in the morning until about lunchtime when its all but disappeared - does anyone manage to keep theirs on all day and if so HOW????? I know cream blush is better but it just doesnt agree with me and I only use powder. Was thinking of perhaps using UDPP on my cheeks LOL

claresauntie

Do you use primer?

Also, how does cream blush not agree with you? I mean, does it look streaky, or break you out, or what?

I use a cream blush before I powder my face, then a powder blush or MSF on top of that. Seems to help, but sometimes I still just touch-up in the afternoon. I'm VERY pale, so I like to keep up on the color, so I don't look deceased.
winks.gif

sharyn

I use Prep+Prime Face, and sometimes I put a bit of CCB on my cheeks before I apply blush- lasts for 8 + hours. when I use Studio Fix Powder, sometimes I still have do a quick touch up after aprox. 6 hours, so I think that I also depends on your foundation

madkitty

think I'll give the ccb a try - i normally use photo finish as a base and then studio fix foloowed by mineralise powder

ginger9

I recommend using a face primer, it should help the blush adhere to your skin and last longer.

In addition, the formulation/texture of your blush will also effect the longevity. I notice my NARS Sin and Orgasm has longer lasting power than MAC blushes. Furthermore, the pearlized formulation is the worse for staying put - my Sunbasque wears off within hours compared to other MAC blushes I own.

It will also help to set the blush with loose powder and then layer more over top, repeat if necessary to seal in a layer(s). Lastly, in place of blushcream you can try cheek tint or even that new cheek flush from Smashbox. HTH!

ginger9

Given that you already use face primer underneath foundation and that is not helping...yes, give primer over foundation a try but a very thin layer (we don't want to make it too slick) and only the cheeks, same concept as using CCB, CCB may work better, I don't know as I don't own any CCB. Also I noticed you mentioned that you "follow with mineralize powder", is that before blush application? If so, reverse that. Put the blush on before the mineralise powder and then do the layering thing. Hmm, I hope that made sense.

IcesUltraGlam7

I use powders and creams.Mine lasts until the evening basically it will last all day no touch ups...I have no secrets and I dont use a prep or prime I think it comes down to having Dry skin.
My answer is having Dry skin sometimes I moisturize it with Mango butter.
I could reccommend mixing a Matte pigment into a cream blush to bolden up the color and maybe the pigmentations color will make it last.

user79

Either a CCB or a creamblush as a base, with the powdered blush on top, works really well.