Kevyn Aucoin's views on beauty...

stacylynne

He was loved my millions, His hands were gold. A truly gifted human being.
Yes, it's very upsetting that his life was cut short from a brain tumor.
I have all his books

coachkitten

He was not only a talented makeup artist but had a great view on the world and all of the people in it. He saw beauty in everyone and it is sad that the world lost such a great visionary. I love going through his books and it makes me sad that he is no longer here. I can't imagine what he would have done if he still were alive.

CantAffordMAC

I never knew too much about him...at all. But he was very talented, and seemed like such a sweetheart.

I'm very glad you posted this. I will look more into him and his books...as an aspiring makeup artist, I should know who he is.
winks.gif

Edit: after seeing that second video....wow. What a sincere person. Honestly, I started tearing up. His words are so...right. And from the heart. He made me feel like I can do anything, like I'm actually going to go far in life

I know that sounds weird since I don't know much about him. but that video was touching.

Beauty Mark

If you don't own his books, you should. They are amazing. He seemed like the nicest person in the world, and his talent was truly mindblowing

V15U4L_3RR0R

He was a master of his field and a visionary. Really wish I could afford his books. And he was just a dead nice guy.

darkishstar

I have one of his books. Making Faces... it's amazing. He is an amazing man. We truly have lost something great with his passing. He was a master of his craft and truly a sincere person.

newagetomatoz

He is such an inspiration. I really want to pick up his biography because just hearing the things he said in that short clip really resounded in me and filled me with awe. I can only imagine what he would be doing if he were still around.

MisaMayah

I have one of his books, he was amazing. I had no idea he already passed =(

No wonder his books are so hard to get hold of now..what a sweetheart & funny too !!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
He is such an inspiration. I really want to pick up his biography because just hearing the things he said in that short clip really resounded in me and filled me with awe. I can only imagine what he would be doing if he were still around.

Me too! What stuck out for me was when he said that he believed in classic beauty and not trends...because he felt trends were just a way to sell makeup- instead he would look at someone's face and pull their personal beauty out from within. Love it.

Shannyn

He was such an inspiration. I remember the first time I read "Making Faces" I was like in awe. It taught me so much and I loved reading his stories. =(

elegant-one

Kevyn Aucoin truly put the art in makeup artist. His gifting & talent was indeed classic. I have incorporated his makeup line into some of my everyday basic favorites.