lash glue help

sarahmarin

hi im a newbie to false lashes and i'd like to get a strong and good lash glue. i wouldnt want my lashes flapping out in the middle of the day.
icon_eek.gif
i'd be wearing them for the whole day and would like one which can last and is relatively hassle free.

would you guys recommend the shu uemura lash adhesive or the mac one? also, one more question, does the texture/quality of the falsies affect the adhesive's durabilty (as in if the falsies are pvc, would they stay on as long and as firmly as falsies made of natural hair etc)?

thanks so much!
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

beautenoir

I really enjoy the MAC adhesive because it's a surgical adhesive so it stays really good and doesn't cause irritation around your eyes...I've tried other adhesives and the corners always start lifting and the glue makes my eyes feel like they are burning!

user79

The glue at MAC is not a "mac glue" it's a glue called DUO which is actually a medical glue but happens to work well for eyelashes too. I really like it.

Shimmer

Just an FYI:
I'm allergic to latex (thankfully NOT anaphylactic shock levels but yeah...still allergic) & it took me FOREVER to check the lash adhesive ingredients...
All brands of adhesive I've found, except literally ONE, is rubber latex based. If you have even a latex sensitivity, your eyes will tear and water and burn from this glue.
Vincent Longo makes a reallyrreallyreally GOOD nonlatex adhesive that I've fallen in love with. It goes on electric blue and dries clear. It holds thru a night at the club, if that tells you anything.
smiles.gif

Anyone who has any burning or anything from most lash adhesives should check the labels, it may be the latex causing the irritation. :/

sarahmarin

thanks so much everyone! i think i'd be getting my mac duo!
winks.gif

shimmer, that allergy sounds pretty nasty.
icon_eek.gif
as far as im aware of im not allergic to latex (i hope), but great advice you have there, i'll be keeping that in mind...
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Glad I could help.
I'm going to check into the duo and see if it's latex and if it's not, I'll probably get it...
since it's surgical adhesive I doubt it IS latex based because in the OR they generally try to keep latex to the minimum in the room, but...still. Hmmmmmmm new options *perk*

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Glad I could help.
I'm going to check into the duo and see if it's latex and if it's not, I'll probably get it...
since it's surgical adhesive I doubt it IS latex based because in the OR they generally try to keep latex to the minimum in the room, but...still. Hmmmmmmm new options *perk*

"A safe, latex adhesive to use with M·A·C Lashes and all M·A·C body decoration."

lovejam

Don't waste your money at MAC. Duo adhesive is available at the drugstore. MAC charges a ridiculous $8.50 for the adhesive, but at the drugstore, it won't cost you more than $4.00...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamia
Hey shimmer

Where do get the Vincent Longo from?

So far the only way I've found it is to get it along with a set of lashes, and they come with the tube of glue.
I got the little flirty half lashes and have kept the glue. I can't find it ANYWHERE just as the adhesive for sale.
ssad.gif

Latest posts