Lauder politics/transferring process

Tysiria

Could anyone please explain the politics of working under Estee Lauder as a parent company.

I currently work for a freestanding store at one of Lauder's owned companies. Im looking for more hours at an additional place, transferring to another Lauder brand or leaving altogether if need be. I was told about all this red tape regarding applying to MAC and other Lauder companies-regardless of whether they were freestanding stores or counters. I don't want to leave on bad terms. Please, can someone that knows clarify this process/rule?- or share experiences. I've been told so many different conflicting things.
th_dunno.gif
Im very frustrated and don't know where to step next.

diorgrl

If you want to apply to Mac then go ahead because it is your life and they do not own you.. :p

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgrl
If you want to apply to Mac then go ahead because it is your life and they do not own you.. :p

If it were only that simple. There are a lot of politics involved in transferring from one Lauder company to another. It's not as simple as "Oh, I work for EL and now I want to work for MAC." Not at all...managers (from counter to regional) get involved, and there's a whole big process to go through.