Legit Pigments?

sja103

Pigments! Steel blue, bell bottom blue, rushmetal & your ladyship. Id meet the seller in person because she lives near me, 4/$20 seems too cheap to be real.

1255opd.jpg

15wgroo.jpg

caffn8me

It's impossible to tell from those photos although they appear at first sight to be genuine.

1165Cheryl

Can you show us a picture with the lids off? The box's from what I can see look real, MAC started making crimps in them in 2007. A closer picture of your ladyship would also help. There are other small things on the box, jar and the insde plastic lid that can help if you could take close up pictures of those.

A few pigment sellers are now putting fake pigment into real jars . With those the only way to tell is by a color comparison which is why I keep 1 sample of every color I sell even if I dont wear it. I get 99% of mine direct from MAC but the ones they dont have anymore it comes in handy to have.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sja103
I have this picture also, I'm not sure if it helps.

15fg9xl.jpg

Yes, it helps. They appear to be genuine unless the fakers have caught up.

The finish (sheen) on the boxes looks authentic and that's something the fakers don't seem to be able to get right.

sja103

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hiya
sneaky.gif
can you post the link to the auction please?

The boxes appear genuine...it's the contents that you have to worry about
ssad.gif

Its like a local website in my town that people post stuff they dont want and you meet the person to buy whatever the item is.

panda0410

I can see the top flaps in the first photo with a nice feature not yet seen in fakes - the boxes looks good as well
smiles.gif
I would love to see a pic of the bases of the jars, but they really look Ok
winks.gif