Lightscapade MSF

kimmy

i'm ready to sell mine. i can't get it to do anything for me. i was so stoked to get it because i thought it was just so pretty...but it doesn't even show up on me at all.
ssad.gif
i'm NW15, is there anything i can do to get it to show on me?

lara

Pretty much the point of Lightscapade is that you don't notice it, though. It's identical in its use to Meteorites - they create a soft diffusing and luminescing effect, not a noticable burst of colour.

Dust it all over your foundation with a medium powder brush to create a soft veil, or use a dense blush brush to create an extra burst of luminescence on your cheekbones.
smiles.gif

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Pretty much the point of Lightscapade is that you don't notice it, though. It's identical in its use to Meteorites - they create a soft diffusing and luminescing effect, not a noticable burst of colour.

Dust it all over your foundation with a medium powder brush to create a soft veil, or use a dense blush brush to create an extra burst of luminescence on your cheekbones.
smiles.gif

i know it's not meant to really be seen, but it seems like it doesn't even luminize my skin at all. Porcelain Pink MSF luminizes it well, but Lightscapade doesn't really do anything...at all.

Showgirl

I'm only a little darker than you ('bout NW20) and I had the same problem with Lightscapade at first, but after playing around with it I'm converted.

Try the following:-

- an all over dusting for a burst of radiance (as already suggested)

- use more densely on the apples of your cheek on top of blusher as a highlighter

- use as an under-arch highlighter (though you shouldn't get it too near your eye)

- with scoop or low necklines, dust some Lighscapade MSF over collarbones to enhance them and add a bit of subtle shimmer

Perhaps this next one's a bit weird and might not apply to yourself, but I absolutely swear by Lightscapade to soften and diffuse my (quite bad) dark bluish undereye circles, too: I start of with a quick smear of a yellow colour cream correcter on the circles, which I blend round the edges with my foundation brush, then I use a *slightly* smaller brush than I would normally use for powder to pick up some of the Lightscapade from a yellow-pink-whitish part of the pot (basically I avoid the blue/purple flecks as much as I can here, too much of these tones could make the circles look worse), and dust the underye area with that. This sets the liquid concealer and softens the look of the whole area. You just have to be careful not to overdo the MSF in this area as it's easy to end up looking too glittery, but done right, this really works, for me at least.

Lightscapade is my first MSF and it's a weird little product, but it's a definite winner and I will look out for more of these in future collections.

AudreyNicole

I know what you mean, and while I still love it (although it doesn't do much), I love Flirt Blondie more. Go get it girl, you won't be sorry!
smiles.gif

Maybe you could dampen your brush and then use it over Lightscapade. Someone suggested that with PP, and it makes the world of difference for me. HTH!

Shawna

If you have a cream blush, lightscapade is gorgeous over them. It just clings to the cream better and really highlights. I'm pale right now too and it makes me look really healthy this way.

asphyxiad0ll

I've actually heard this complaint from some fellow "Porcelain Beauties" on the MAC cosmetics community on Livejournal. A lot of people said it worked on them much better when they used it with a wet brush.

I've also heard it looks nice to use as a highlight on your cheeks. I.E., bronzer would go in your pucker lines to contour, blush on the apples of cheeks, and Lightscapade just above that, on the bony part of your cheek.

Hope this helps a bit!
smiles.gif