Lip recommendations?

PomPoko

Ok... I'm extremely pale - with a very slight hint of yellow. (I don't know what this translates as in mac foundation colours - sorry :-() naturally light brown/mousey hair but dyed dark brown (pretty much black) and my eyes - to all intents and purposes are grey.

annnny way, I want a new lip colour, but theres so many lip things i want I'm utterly overwhelmed when I go in the mac store and don't know where to start! So I thought i'd ask you lovely people over here opinions on lip products.

heres what I have -

Lipstick:
Myth
High Tea
Freckletone
Hug Me
Skew
CB96
Vegas Volt
Faux
and giddy i think it was? a pinkish one, though i did lose that, rather annoyingly!

Lipglass/lustreglass:
C-thru
Nymphette
Of corset
Flusterose
Venetian
Love Nectar

And Lacquers in Babied and Acrylicka
And the holiday formal palette for warm lips

sooooo recommendations
greengrin.gif
go nuts! I'm not horribly big on all out browns and wines (they don't usually look too good on me) but I'm willing to try pretty much anything out. Especially something a bit different from what I usually go for, cos I seem to go mostly for neutral and peach-y things. I like them, but I'm getting bored!

Ooh and pro longwears look good, but I heard they were quite drying and balled up a lot (i get quite dry lips so I'm not sure about them?)

sorry this was an essay! oops!

blushfulxcheeks

I want the Venetian l/g. It looks beautiful. I don't have any of the ones you listed though so sorry I can't be of much help.

pumpkincraze

how about some coral or red l/s. i'm pretty pale too and i like Ramblin' Rose, Sandy B, MAC Red and Dubbonet. for l/g i like Enchantress and Florabundance. my real love is the lipgelees, Glosspitality, Saplicious, Jewy Dube and Slick Pink are my faves.

rouquinne

even though you're not big on browns, what about VGV???

it looks good on just about everyone!!!!

also look at Sequin and Jest.

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincraze
how about some coral or red l/s. i'm pretty pale too and i like Ramblin' Rose, Sandy B, MAC Red and Dubbonet. for l/g i like Enchantress and Florabundance. my real love is the lipgelees, Glosspitality, Saplicious, Jewy Dube and Slick Pink are my faves.

I love the Lipgelees, too! My favorite is Saplicious. It's a nude shade on me, but really hot.
smiles.gif

PomPoko

thanks guys!

I've not tried the lip gelee things, but i've seen others wearing them and they look really pretty. I'm a bit of a lip gloss junkie though, so i'd probably have to buy all of them at once! haha! florabundance looks nice too, so i'll try it out
thmbup.gif

rouquinne: I really like jest I wanted to buy either that or cb96 before but the MA convinced me to get vegas volt instead of either of them. Then I forgot about jest! VGV has never really appealed but i might try it out now you have said that. I always look at VG IV and think it sounds good from the description on the mac site but i end up thinkin "Nah" when i'm in the shop.

anyway. keep em coming, I end up going in the mac shop about once a fortnight! lo!

Hawkeye

Go red babe! Mac Doubonnet or a Dark dark color like MAC Underworld (do they still make that?) or a fun Light pink (MAC Durashell) or if you really want to be bold try a bright magenta or Fuschia.

With your hair color you can pull just about anything off
greengrin.gif

PomPoko

hmm yes, red sounds good - i do love reds but I'm petrified of wearing them out cos I'm a clumsy fool and they get smeared all over my face. Just gotta take that small step and I'm all set
winks.gif

Katja

I think Florabundance is similar to C-thru with the same creamy consistency, except that Flora. is a more pale peachy shade, and C-Thru is just creme. If you don't want anything similar, I wouldn't suggest Florabundance (although I really like the shade paired with Love Nectar (which you already own).
smiles.gif

But for kicks, please try 'Beaux' lustreglass. It looks brown in the tube, and when the MAC MA suggested it to me, I was like "NO way, that'll look horrible on me", but I tried it and it's beautiful! It's really sheer, but has a light bronzy-nude type thing going on. Try it!
greengrin.gif