Lipglass Creasing

Sabrunka

ANYTIME I put on lipglass, it all creases into the cracks of my lips, and I keep on having to rub my lips together but that sometimes makes my lipglass get everywhere. Do you guys do anything to prevent this creasing? I hate it so much!
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

Are your lips dry? Maybe prep them with Lip Conditioner to prevent cracks due to drying. If your lips aren't dry, try Prep + Prime Lip to "fill" the cracks and keep the Lipglass in place.
smiles.gif

juli

chapstick underneath lipglass works. (someone mentioned vaseline one time but I sorta doubt that.)

KJam

You may be putting too much on - I have that problem with some of the lipglasses if I use too much. Try a very light application

KaylaGrace

You may have dead skin on your lips from them getting chapped or the cold wheather. If so, try exfoliating your lips to get the skin off. Mary-Kay makes a lip exfoliant or you can just do it at home.
Put a good amount of lip balm on your lips let it sit for a minute then take a toothbrush and go in little circles all over your lips. Do this a few times so you get all the skin off then wipe the balm off with a warm cloth and apply a fesh coating of lip balm/moisturizer to keep them soft!

I always apply a lip balm before putting on lip products and I have never had this problem. My favorite lip balm is Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Blam. It keeps my lips supersoft and has a pepperminty feel that I love!

MACreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Are your lips dry? Maybe prep them with Lip Conditioner to prevent cracks due to drying. If your lips aren't dry, try Prep + Prime Lip to "fill" the cracks and keep the Lipglass in place.
smiles.gif

I second this, works everytime and stays on forever!
smiles.gif

HotLady1970

The cheapest way to exfoilate your lips is when they're wet! Just use your toothbrush on them in circular motion and use a lip conditioner afterwards!

The Lipgelees are also very nice if you use them before you go to bed...makes my lips nice and smooth in the morning!
smiles.gif

juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLady1970
The cheapest way to exfoilate your lips is when they're wet! Just use your toothbrush on them in circular motion and use a lip conditioner afterwards!

But this tends to raw the lips. It turns my lips real red and bleed in spots. I don't even use a tb, i have a habit of rubbing my lips with my finger (not even that hard) but it tends to leave red spots on my lips. my gosh the pain afterwards!

I use tons and tons of lipbalm before bed, in the morning after shower i use towel to go over my lips. It sorta does the trick of removing dead tissue on the lips. Works for me!
smiles.gif

madkitty

I had the same problem as soon as I applied less it was perfect - I just dot it on my lips and then pucker em together

kimmy

you may want to try using Chap Stick under your lipglass
smiles.gif
and before you go to bed, out a coat of Chap Stik on and cover it with Vaseline. that will keep your lips really moisturized and healthy, and smooth
winks.gif
make sure to get all the Vaseline off before you put your lipglass on in the morning though
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

A gentle way to exfoliate is with a warm wet washcloth or use a baby toothbrush (very soft). For the toothbrush method, do it in a light circular motion with a bit of Lip Conditioner on the lips when you do it.

Latest posts