lipstick (or any MAC) recommendations please!!

_trimm_trabb

I've never used lipstick up until now - always chapsticks and glosses. I guess I'm afraid of using too bold of a colour on my lips, especially because I feel like it might bring out the redness in my face (which I have to try very hard to cover up). So I am looking for recommendations for my first MAC lipsticks.

I am NC25 in studio fix. I have brown eyes and red hair. This is what makes it difficult because a lot of what looks good on redheads doesn't look good on me (obviously I'm not naturally red but it's been my signature for as long as I can remember). Here is a picture of me if it helps:

IMG_1272.JPG

If you'd like to recommend e/s, blush, mascara, liner, or ANYTHING else in addition to lipstick, feel free! I have a giant traincase full of MAC and other cosmetics and I just feel like I'm in a rut and still don't know what works for me. I appreciate any help!

EDIT: here are the MAC cosmetics I currently own:

e/s:
steamy
aquadisiac
trax
beauty marked
mulch
juxt
peppier
expensive pink
goldmine
honeylust
gleam
stars n rockets
swimming
amber lights
coppering
love bud
shimmermoss
woodwinked

pigments:
lovely lily
fuchsia
violet
teal
pink opal
golden lemon
golden olive
coco
electric coral
chocolate brown
goldenaire
deckchair
fairylite
gold dusk
melon
pinked mauve
white gold
kelly green

face:
studio fix powder nc25
shimpagne msf
shooting star msf
fix+ spray

eyes:
fluidline in blacktrack
s/s in lucky jade

lips:
plushglass in ample pink

=)

MarniMac

I don't have red hair (so I don't know if you want my rec. or not, but here goes) and I don't know what shade or look you are going for, but some neutral faves of mine are "hug me" and "honeylove". I also love and hear good things about "Sandy B", a light peachy coral shimmer and "O", a brownish, reddish shade which is kind of hard to describe. "Plastique" is also quite pretty, its a neutral pink, brown frost. I highly reccomend trying on lipsticks though...they look different on everyone, so best to try before you buy. Good luck!
wavey.gif

eowyn797

oh, man, i second the vote for "O". it's fast becoming one of my staples and i used to be very afraid of dark lip colors too. it doesn't go on half as dark as it looks in the tube if you apply with a brush and i usually put Sinnamon l/g over it to make it more bronzey and shinier. Alternately, you could try Fetish l/s which is already a little more bronze than "O" straigh tout of the tube.

Hug Me is a nice soft color, as is the Viva Glam V (i prefer the l/g, but the l/s is the same color just diff texture). I also really like Prrr l/g (soft warm pink) and Oh Baby l/g (golden pink) and Beaux l/g (golden bronze).

Glitziegal

For a fabulous starter which looks great on everybody.
Viva Glam V Lipglass. It's your lips but better and would absolutely rock on you.
Venetian Lustreglass I think would look great too. It's a very sheer red, so no worries about it looking bad as it wears off. It brightens the face tremendously without being overpowering.

You have a really pretty face sthat I think both of these would compliment beautifully.
I would like to see you with a green eyes look to show off that lovely red hair. But I love greens anyway.

_trimm_trabb

Thanks to the three of you who posted! I've got 12 containers for B2M and I'll be grabbing up a couple of your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Latest posts