Looking for a deep purple/plum blush/pigment for NC50 and darker

aziza

I've been searching for a deep purple blush but, alas, I haven't found one yet
weeping.gif
Any recs for one? As a matter of fact, pigment would work just as well. All you blush and pigment junkies, help me out!

kimmy

maybe try Deep Purple or Maroon pigment? and perhaps apply it over a CCB like Premeditated or Root
smiles.gif
HTH!

ebonyannette

Have you tried Raizin yet? Its a really pretty color. I think it reflects more bronze though, I havent tried it in years.

I have Grape piggie I can try it tonight and see what it looks like.

Im thinking lines like Fashion Fair or Black Radiance would have deep purple colors. They always think thats all darker people want on their cheeks.

Do you have any purple e/s? Try those on your cheeks too

Oh and I did try a Bare Minerals Loose Purple eyeshadow on at sephora it was gorgeous! ( I didnt buy it though) but check those out too.

metalkitty

Have you tried Lovecrush? You could try Satellite Dreams E/S as a blush too, I think it's too sheer as an eyeshadow.

ebonyannette

Mkay, I tried the Grape Piggie and it looked like my cheeks were brused so I put Peachtwist blush over it and it looked really pretty.

I think actually Grape would be a great contour for dark people who usually cant find colors dark enough to contour with.

So I would suggest a lighter purple than Grape maybe deep Purple piggie? Blend it in very well and then go over it with Peachtwist or
whatever peachy blush you have and it warms it up without making
it red.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Mkay, I tried the Grape Piggie and it looked like my cheeks were bruised so I put Peachtwist blush over it and it looked really pretty.

I think actually Grape would be a great contour for dark people who usually cant find colors dark enough to contour with.

So I would suggest a lighter purple than Grape maybe deep Purple piggie? Blend it in very well and then go over it with Peachtwist or
whatever peachy blush you have and it warms it up without making
it red.

Thanks ladies! I have Iman's book "The Beauty of Color" and there's a gorgeous deep purple look done on one of the models toward the end of the book. It's absolutely breath taking. I'm going to my MAC counter to try what you suggested ebonyannette. You just gave me a good excuse to go play!
clap.gif
lmao.gif

Latest posts