looking for sub for laquers

Sparklevixen81

i just got into laquers(soo late, i know and l/s is too drying on me) and have heard that they are probably(kinda conflicting) being discontinued. I absolutely love the texture and feel and what not, and when I do wear makeup its usually mac. I was wondering what you guys can suggest, drugstore or dept store that is a sub if not better but the same concept as the laquers? Thanks soooo much!

jenii

I don't think they're being d/c'ed. There's no triangles anywhere on the lacquers. There's a dot next to the color Sheena, but that just means it's temporarily out of stock.

So, for now, we shouldn't worry! They'd probably have a mutiny on their hands if they d/c'ed Fanplastico!
lol.gif

Sparklevixen81

oh i'd boycott if varneesh was d/c'd! I use it like every day! I have heard though from 2 MA's one MAC store/one counter that they are being phased out, I am so confused, but I still want to find even another brand that has more color options than the 5 i can find!

Fairybelle

It seems that every time a cosmetic company comes out with something really comparable to lip lacquers, they dc it (or the company folds...ugh). In my quest to find good lip colors, Alexis Vogel gloss in "Bliss" was pretty opaque yet still had a nice pearly, shimmery, glossy finish, and Laura Mercier used to have a few liquid lipsticks that were also brush-applicator, but in both cases...poof, the products are gone (or in AV's case, the company). Still I have been looking, and here's my recs:

Bourjois Effet 3-D Gloss: Brush applicator, comes in many colors, only con is that they are more on the sheerer side when compared to lacquers. However, they are non-sticky and are used by pros such as Jessica Simpson's makeup artist.

Too Faced Glamour Gloss: Swipe on like a l/s, but you turn the base to push the color up. Opaque color, high-shine with nice pearls and shimmers. Non-sticky. Very Playboy lip looks can be created with this stuff.

Revlon LipGlide Lipstick: Applies like the Too Faced gloss. Opaque color, high variety, very affordable! Non-sticky, not heavy but still feels like a glossy color. Does not feel like lipstick on.

These are some substitutes that I have found give great shine and gloss without heaviness that l/s can leave. Only one of the three I mentioned above has the brush applicator, but you can always layer some Bourjois on top of the other two to create new looks.

Anyhow, have fun with your search and good luck!