loose v. pressed powder & foundation brush

litlaur

I need to pick up a powder tomorrow, and I've never used loose powder before. So I was wondering what are the pros and cons compared to pressed powder? Basically, which one do you prefer and why? And of course, specific recommendations would be great (oily/combo skin, mildly acne-prone, NC30).

I would also like foundation brush recs. It would be for liquid foundation and tinted moisturizer. It doesn't necessarily have to be MAC, just something I can get there or at Sephora.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer Mcfly

I like the Sonia Kaskuk foundation brush (from Target) and it's only $10. Whoops, you said MAC or Sephora...I'm sure Sephora (Sephora Brand) has a nice one. I personally have always liked loose powder. I don't know why? Maybe b/c I've never needed/wanted alot of coverage.
Since you have acne prone skin, Neutrogena has makeup out that has Salycic Acid in it to help control acne. I have the Clean Tint foundation and really like it.

I hope this was helpful...
th_dunno.gif

blueyedlady87

We have the same skin type, except I'm a shade darker! I like to set my foundation in the morning with loose and touchup during the day w/ pressed. Stay away from anyhting 'translucent' color, it will wash you out. Liquid foundation looks great when its put on w/ the MAC 190 brush. However, it does take longer to apply and blend in well.

blueyedlady87

BTW, for loose powder I love Cliniques Blending Loose Face Powder. it's cheap (18.50) and comes with a tiny, portable brush. For throughout the day touchups I love MAC blot powder b/c reduces shine and evens color, but doesnt add layers.

Latest posts