Lupus

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Okay I really need to have a rant to something I can't come to terms with...
weeping.gif

My mom, whose only 39!?, has been diagnosed with a form of lupus, it's not normal lupus, it's the extreme type where her muscles and cartlige are coming away from her bones and her bones are losing their lining... her body is disintergrating rapidly... I don't understand it, why does someone so young have to go through so much pain, i'm only 19 which doesn't help that I'm also so young to really understand it... I don't wanna lose my mom, she's my best friend but I can't give her my full support because I'm living in a different country to her and I have not one cent to my name to be with her...
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

serendipityii

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I had to go through something very similar when my mom was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors couldn't do anything about it.
My advice to you is to stay strong for your mom, and for yourself. Help her in any way you can, and be there for her (even if you can't really be THERE). She needs your support more than ever now. Best of luck to you and your family.

lovejam

I am so sorry... Isn't there anything at all the doctors can do? Your mom is so young. God, Lupus is so scary. I really hope the doctors will find a way to treat this. And I hope you'll find a way to go be with her. Is there any way to sell stuff, or...?

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Unfortunatly theres absolutely nothing they can do, as she's deteriating from the inside, and seeing as she's in New Zealand, theres very little care available, and she's currently on medication, highest legal dose available... I wish they could find something, maybe stem cell research, but I don't even know if that do that outside the US... thank you girls...
smiles.gif

aquarius11

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how you feel, though. My best friend (who is only 26 years old) was recently diagnosed with lupus, but I'm not really sure which type she has. I do know she gets what she calls "flare-ups" from the disease and she is in a lot of pain. I hope researchers find a cure for this devastating disease.

bluegrassbabe

Hon, I'm so sorry to hear this. My mom was diagnosed with the most severe form of multiple sclerosis when I was 20. She was in her early 40's at the time. I know it's devasting to feel so helpless and at the mercy of a sickness.
It's been 8 years for me, and I still haven't come to terms with it.
Do you have any other family or friends that could spot you some cash to travel?