Mac 136

PeppermintMocha

Hey all,

Unfortunately, my camera is very old and doesn't connect to my computer. So, I can't post any photos, but I really wish I could.

A friend was given a new MAC 136 brush and since she didn't need it, she knew that I loved mac brushes and gave it to me.

I heard this brush has become discontinued for a few years now and it's been difficult to confirm if it's real or fake. The ferrel part is different than the other MAC brushes i own, but from other photos that I seen, I think the MAC 136 brush's ferrel was actually different?

The engraving towards the end of the brush says FRANCE, but all the other brushes I own (I got them within the last two years) is engraved with JAPAN.

She gave it to me in the plastic sleeve and it has a barcode on it as well.

I'm not sure what other things I should check to confirm if it's authentic or not.

Please help!

Thanks in Advance!!

Makeup Emporium

MAC makes it's brushes in Japan, France, USA and China. The 136 has been spotted at different CCO's throughout the US and was also for sale at the last MAC Canada warehouse sale so it is still around (although hard to find). The 136 brush is made in France and the metal ferrule that holds the bristles is not crimped like the made in Japan brushes are. So if those are the differences you are worried about then those are normal to the 136 brush. If you also look at other brushes made in France, like the 224, you will see that the metal ferrule is not crimped on that brush either. Hope that helps!