Mac #224 and #217.

Sophia84

Which are the differences between these 2 blended brushes? I know the #224 is bigger than the #217 but do I really need both? Does it matter if you have small or big eyes to the size of the blended brush you haev to use?

Miss_Behave

It depends what you are looking for. If you want a blending brush - get the 217.
I find the 224 good for a sheer wash, crease work (tho I like the 222 better) and ok for blending. but I could live without it. but I really couldn't without the 217!
smiles.gif

I use this mostly for blending, but also for highlighting the browbone and sometimes even for a wash. I know some people also use it for crease work but I think on most people it's just too big for that. HTH!

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
It depends what you are looking for. If you want a blending brush - get the 217.
I find the 224 good for a sheer wash, crease work (tho I like the 222 better) and ok for blending. but I could live without it. but I really couldn't without the 217!
smiles.gif

I use this mostly for blending, but also for highlighting the browbone and sometimes even for a wash. I know some people also use it for crease work but I think on most people it's just too big for that. HTH!

Thanks soo much for the tips!!! Is any of these good to apply e/s on the outer half of the lids, or is anyother brush better for this job?

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Thanks soo much for the tips!!! Is any of these good to apply e/s on the outer half of the lids, or is anyother brush better for this job?

if you really want to pack color onto your lid area, try the 242 or the 239. those are great for that

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84

yes, I would get the 272 (which is the angled version of the 239) for that, or the 222. the 222 is mostly used for crease work, but I also use it for the outer corners.

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
yes, I would get the 272 (which is the angled version of the 239) for that, or the 222. the 222 is mostly used for crease work, but I also use it for the outer corners.

thanks so much for everyting!!

Latest posts