MAC 227 vs. MAC 109

FLYSKYHiGH

MAC 227: $30 Not so much talked about: X-Large paddle shaped eye brush (but I've read of use as contour brush on the face as well)

MAC 109: #32 Highly raved about: for foundation, blush & contour!

I want to control myself and only buy ONE. Of course, I don't NEED either of them but if I had to pick on which one would you guys recommend? Both look promising to me!

Any help is appreciated =)

fallenang3l211

I have both brushes and honestly I don't think I could live without either one. I use the 227 for highlighting on my face, not just for my eyes. IMO its hard to argue which brush is better and why bc they're so different.

If you don't really need another eye brush I'd go for the 109. I use my 227 for an all over wash of color on my lid and for blending (most of the time I use my 226 if want to blend out harsh lines but still have definition). Truth be told, as much as I love my 227, I could live without it.

iluvlipstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYSKYHiGH
MAC 227: $30 Not so much talked about: X-Large paddle shaped eye brush (but I've read of use as contour brush on the face as well)

MAC 109: #32 Highly raved about: for foundation, blush & contour!

I want to control myself and only buy ONE. Of course, I don't NEED either of them but if I had to pick on which one would you guys recommend? Both look promising to me!

Any help is appreciated =)

I don't have the 227 brush so I can't comment on that one but I do have the 109. I love this brush. I use it for blush and it's perfect for applying it to my face. I have also used it to contour. I am glad that I purchased this brush.

User38

I have both brushes.. I use the 227 much more as the 109 has many other brush dupes. The 227 is more functional for me for eyes, and highlighting of the face. I even use it as a contour brush
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

I have both brushes but absolutely could not live without my 227. I only use it for eyes but that's a great idea for contouring. But I use this for my all over wash of color and some blending. I have most MAC eye brushes and this and the 239 are MUST for me. This brush saves me so much time and it is so soft.

Jackie O

I really want the 227 brush! That's been on my list of must haves for a while now. I love the 109 for countouring and highlighting though.

xxManBeaterxx

While the 227 is a great brush for applying an all over lid color, highlighting the brows and face, blending out harsh lines, contouring... There are a lot of other brushes that can do the same job just as well.

I would choose the 109 it can highlight, contour, apply liquid foundation and blush products like a dream, and it can be used to buff powder on the face. I haven't found a brush quite like it!

Eventually you'll have both brushes, so there's no rush! I doubt mac will discontinue these two..

LMD84

i have and love both brushes! i mainly use the 227 for highlighting my face rather than on my eyes! although it is usseful for buffing out corners and high light colours on the eyes.

the 109 is good for contouring and i also like it for blush! because it's small you can use it to be really presice on where you place the colour!

so because i use both pretty much daily it's tough to choose between them!

user79

The 109 is not good for liquid foundation, contrary to popular to belief. Streaky and loses so much hair. I like the Illamasqua blush brush as a dupe for the 109 better.

FLYSKYHiGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Eventually you'll have both brushes, so there's no rush!

LOL, I'm trying to be REALLY good and control that temptation. I think I'm also leaning towards the MAC 109.

Thank you all for your great suggestions! I have to get to the store and check them out again before deciding but I'll be back to update with how I feel about whichever I end up buying! Thanks again loves.

FiestyFemme

I have both, and I use my 227 daily and rarely touch my 109. I love that I can use my 227 on my eyes and face. I only use the 109 for highlighting (because I don't contour)... not a bad brush, just like the 227 better!