Mac 239/272

ColourMyDreams

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I know that brushes have been reviewed in other posts, however I needed a little help deciding between the following two brushes specifically, if you all would be sooo kind.

Mainly, because most of you are a lot more experienced in most of the brushes that MAC have then I am. Plus, you've likely actually created far more makeup looks then I have and can see the potential/uses of the brushes more then I can.

Thanks to a lot of help I've decided to purchase either the 239 or 272 brush - I know they're similar so I just want anyone who's worked with both of these to be able to suggest one or the either.

Additionally, should I get a blending brush? Is this necessary if getting either the 239/272. If so I've narrowed it to 222 or 217 (can you tell I like the white goat hair brushes).

Basically, I think the 272 is a versatile brush, but if a combo of the 239 and 217/222 brushes are better then the 272 alone that the route I'll take.

Thanks to everyone!

P.s. I don't want the brush sets just because I rather get better quality brushes for the money.

bellaetoile

239 and 217. i could probably exist with these brushes alone, providing i had ones for my face, and eyeliner. 239 and 217 handle everything. 272 and 222/224 would be afterthoughts. i have all of them, but only really use 239 and 217 on a daily basis.

MissMisah

honestly, i have 222, 224, 217, 239,and 272

i rarely ever ever ever use my 272 brush. the first time i used it in months was yesterday...and that was because all my 217s were dirty.

i rarely ever use my 239 either...because, as a simple shader brush -- to pack on color on the lid...i can use a much cheaper brush.

i SWEAR by 217. i can seriously do any and everything with it. i use that brush to do highlight, crease, lid, and blend.

also...i find that 222 is too stiff to do a subtler/diffused crease, so i onlee use it to get into my outer 3rd.

i think u should definitely get the 217. and if you really want either 239 or 272...def get 239 -- cuz it DOES deposit color pretty well...or give u a 'wash' if you wanted to do so...

good luck!

ColourMyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisah
honestly, i have 222, 224, 217, 239,and 272

i rarely ever ever ever use my 272 brush. the first time i used it in months was yesterday...and that was because all my 217s were dirty.

i rarely ever use my 239 either...because, as a simple shader brush -- to pack on color on the lid...i can use a much cheaper brush.

i SWEAR by 217. i can seriously do any and everything with it. i use that brush to do highlight, crease, lid, and blend.

also...i find that 222 is too stiff to do a subtler/diffused crease, so i onlee use it to get into my outer 3rd.

i think u should definitely get the 217. and if you really want either 239 or 272...def get 239 -- cuz it DOES deposit color pretty well...or give u a 'wash' if you wanted to do so...

good luck!

sorry wanted to clarify, is the 217 on its own fine to get, or both the 239 and 217 is what you're recommending?

thanks!

user79

The 272 and the 222 are the first 2 MAC eye brushes I bought and tbh, I am VERY happy with my purchase. I thought about it quite a bit before going ahead to buy those, and I think I made the right choice.

The 272 is really versatile, you can pack on lots of color and you can also use the tip for blending and even for the crease and lower lash line. The 222 is an awesome crease brush because it gives you more definition and isnt as fat as other crease brushes, which I find blend TOO MUCH and get the darker colour everywhere instead of just focusing it on the crease area.

Here is a thread where I compared those 2 brushes.
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ighlight=brush

Latest posts