MAC Application QUESTIONS!!

glorie

SOOO I had an idea.

I am interested in becoming a freelance artist for MAC. Would it be dumb to apply at ALL the counters w/in my area?

Some are 1/2 hr away from where I am. But seeing that it's freelance, it wouldn't really matter since it would only be whenever they needed me.

When you DO get hired as a freelance artist, are you called for ONE location or just whichever location needs artists?

What do you think?

glittergoddess27

I will be applying for freelance after the 30th of this month,... for the stores here in Indy,.. I would be on call for the all of the local stores and the surrounding area,... if it is too far they said that I can turn it down.....I'd just give a call to the one nearest and ask them to specify,.... jic it is not the same for all.

eyeshadowfreak

Definitely apply at all the counters near you. Doesn't hurt. And like glittergoddess27 said, if you get called for a job and it's too far, just turn it down. And once you get hired as a freelance artist, you can get your PPID card, even if you don't actually end up doing work for them.

littlemakeupboy

actually with freelancing i think they can transfer you to whatever counter needs you.you arent just working at once as if you were part/fulltime.

good luck <3

MizMac

Useally you can just apply at one counter since you will work at all different ones. When I freelanced I worked all over the place, one that was 70 miles from home. As a freelancer you will also have a better chance to get normal counter work, if that's the route you want to go. I had such a blast doing freelance, made alot of close friends as well. i love it when my old freelance buddies come to do events now at my counter!!

glorie

i've applied at two in the past week and a half. i had a really good convo w/ one of the managers and she seemed really impressed w/my resume. let's hope it works!

littlemakeupboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorie
i've applied at two in the past week and a half. i had a really good convo w/ one of the managers and she seemed really impressed w/my resume. let's hope it works!

awesome <3

Demosthenes

I don't know if it is different, but the ones done here are pretty straightforward. You go in for a group interview with about 12 people. They will ask to talk about the company, why you want to work there, your experiences with customers, makeup application, etc. Then you wait for a call back.

If you are called back you need to come with a model, and they will ask you to 1) replicate a look from a facechart or picture or 2) do a daytime look. Once you are done with that you need to transform the look into a nighttime look, etc. by adding only a few key pieces *you cannot take makeup off and start again.* Be sure to constantly interact with your model and explain the procedure.

After that, you wait for a final call back. If you get called, you are basically in, and you just need to go in and talk to the manager once more about your future w/the company, your goals, etc.

Demosthenes

As far as I know, they wait until an opening is available for them to begin interviewing. There isn't any rhyme or reason to it. If you turn in your app, they keep it for 6 mo (or more depending on the manager) and if there is a position that opens up during that time, they will call whomever they are interested in for an interview.

(I think the freelancing interviews may be easier than counter?)