MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

Smooth Merge and the 131 are the only things I am interested in.

iagree.gif
Same here.

abbyquack

Gosh now I don't really know what to do...I am thinking PP would be really pretty on, but I also am drooling over the idea of a corally bronzey color like Cheeky Bronze...oh well, my husband asked for a b-day list since my birthday is july 13, so i guess i will put a couple of them on there for him to buy for me
lol.gif
then I will buy the rest.
smiles.gif

clslvr6spd

I just have to say, I bought 2 PP when it was 1st released, I think it was in '03
I LOVE this MSF...I think it's a must, I was soo happy that they re-released it for the girls that missed out!
winks.gif

miss_primer

For a while I had my wishlist down to 2 items (Porcelain Pink and Cheeky Bronze). Now that we have swatches and I have read what other people have to say, I know i don't need Porcelain Pink. It won't even show up me i believe. I am NC44. So i guess i am down to Cheeky Bronze.

miss sha

Augh, I cannot wait for this collection now! A little less than two weeks now, auuugh. July 9th cannot come soon enough. I want these MSFs and a 226!

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer
For a while I had my wishlist down to 2 items (Porcelain Pink and Cheeky Bronze). Now that we have swatches and I have read what other people have to say, I know i don't need Porcelain Pink. It won't even show up me i believe. I am NC44. So i guess i am down to Cheeky Bronze.

just a heads up.. cheeky bronze is also pretty light... may not serve as a blush on NC 40's and above..

MrsMay

I think I am skipping all the MSF's from this collection - and possibly picking up one or two of the MES depending on how they swatch, and that's it.

I might even walk away with nothing from this collection yet!

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
My list is pretty short and sweet for once lol:

-Smooth Merge MSF
-Warm Blend MSF
-Funky Fusion Lipglass
-131 brush

That may be a short list, but it's still a good chunk of change!!!
yes.gif

Aren't we all still kind of reeling from the Friends 'n' Family rampage?

Wasn't there some speculation a while back as to whether or not the "new" Porcelain Pink would be the same as the original one, as far as texture and color?

Has anyone had the where-with-all to be able to check the difference between the two yet?
th_dunno.gif

Shadowy Lady

I wonder if Cheeky Bronze will show up on me, I'm an NW30 right now with my summer tan. If so here's my list:

- Cheeky Bronze MSF
- Natural Flare MES
- Eclectic Edge
- Funky Fusion

rocking chick

Today I went to the MAC counter, wanting to exchange my Triple Fusion to other items. But my MA kept telling me not to change as it is a very pretty color. She used the sample to apply on my face & I change my mind immediately about changing the product. The result is pretty,natural and not frosty and chunky at all.

And I also get Odd Bits MES as well. Natural Flare was sold out.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
Today I went to the MAC counter, wanting to exchange my Triple Fusion to other items. But my MA kept telling me not to change as it is a very pretty color. She used the sample to apply on my face & I change my mind immediately about changing the product. The result is pretty,natural and not frosty and chunky at all.

And I also get Odd Bits MES as well. Natural Flare was sold out.

How did she apply Triple Fusion differently than you did?

AjaAbeni

AHHHHHH! Im so frustrated!! I've been tryin to pay off billz and have not saved enough money for everything i was in this collection. I juss know things will sell out like hot cakes at my MAC store
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
Sighs i might juss have to break it up into two parts an hope (fingers crossed) the the items i want dont sell out
nonono.gif

dreamer246

I went to the counter today and picked up: Cheeky Bronze, Fashion Patch, Odd Bits, and Nice Mix Up.
winks.gif

My thoughts on the collection:
The lipglosses are quite sheer although a couple were pretty pigmented (Crazy Haute, Funky Fusion). The doefoot applicator didn't seem to pick up a lot of color for some reason. My favorite colors were Nice Mix Up, Miss Marble (which was sold out), and Pretty Pattern.
Crazy Haute - Hot magenta shade, kinda reminded me of Magnetique l/g
Electic Edge - Pale sheer lilac/lavender
Nice Mix Up - Peach/Coral
Miss Marble - Pale milky baby pink
Funky Fusion - Hot pink
Pretty Pattern - Nude brown

Lipsticks were a letdown - none of them were sold out, which says a lot when everything else is selling out.
winks.gif
The shades were very typical, and I don't really have a deep impression of them but I'll try my best to describe the shades.
Madly Creative (F) - pale frosty brown, I don't really know how to describe it, it was a weird color
Color Crafted (F) - pale frosty pink, I honestly didn't expect it to look like this from previous swatches.
Most Popular (L) - plum
Made With Love (F) - bright coral, probably the most eye-catching color
Trimming Talk (F) - bright pinkish-magenta
Ever Embellish (L) - brown... not sure if it has plum in it, can't really remember

The MES were cute! Although everything was sold out except Fashion Patch, Odd Bits and Natural Flare, so I didn't bother swatching the rest. Not a big fan of Natural Flare, but I'm happy to go home with the other 2.

The striped MSFs were really frosty looking. Smooth Merge kinda reminded me of Petticoat, somehow (I think it's because of the middle stripe).
Sunny By Nature was the most matte of the MSFs.
Warm Blend is like the frostier, more golden/bronzey cousin of Sunny By Nature.
Porcelain Pink didn't even show up on my hand when I swatched it.
Cheeky Bronze was surprisingly sheer, it just left a goldish sheen on my hand when I swatched it - I got it anyhow, since I've been lemming it for a long time. I don't think this can be used as a blush for people who are of medium skintone. I don't know what's the foundation shade for the back of my hand, but I'm guessing about NC37/40, and it's definitely highlighter material on my hand.

Rinstar

My list for this keeps changing...... I think it'll end up being
Smooth Merge
Cheeky Bronze
Style Demon blush
Eccentricity MES
Funky Fusion l/g

and possibly Porcelain Pink, I'm still debating....