MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

abbyquack

So I hope this hasn't been asked (I searched the forum already), but how does Improvise compare to Nuance, if at all?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
It's hard for me to fathom the idea of possibly skipping a LE brush, but I think I might pass the 131-- seems like it's not going to make a big enough difference in my makeup routine to justify $40.

That's what I'm thinking, although it might make using the stripes of the MSFs in this collection separately easier. I think MAC would have done alot better for themselves by pricing this at $34.

snowflakelashes

First collection I will be able to see in person since falling in love with MAC!
smiles.gif
About a year ago almost to the day was my first ever MAC Makeover w/ Neo Sci Fi and I got hooked. I found specktra managed to escape Electroflash b/c I was indecisive and everything I wanted sold out by the time I was 'sure' I wanted it (i didn't know about specktra then...) then starflash sucked me in and the impulse buys began lol. My first stop tuesday morning (after a breakfast with the family) is going to be heading over to Le Bay to see about booking a makeover and hang out just oogling the displays. Ahhh... lol
smiles.gif
Sad but true I am just looking forward to being able to see things in person instead of online shopping!

Marjolaine

We had Color Craft collection in Austria today.. I bought Made with Love, Madly Creative, Cheeky Bronze, Triple Fusion and Miss Marble. I will buy Style Demon and Improvise later when I'm not broke (hopefully) :p

The lipsticks are no special in shade but still Madly Creative and Made With Love were really really pretty. Madly Creative has golden undertones inside (I didnt see the white pearl in this, it was more like champaigne), Made With Love is the cutest coral-pink I've ever seen.

MSF's are great in this collection, I literally drooled all over them, only Sunny by Nature looks extremely dark, like a muddy dirty brown in color, I wouldnt recommend it to lighter skin tones. Porcelain Pink is not one of my favourites although I know many people like it. I don't like it as a highlighter at all, sorry :p The remaining 4 MSFs are all good but with a limited budget, I ended up with Triple Fusion and Cheeky Bronze. If I had to recommend 1 must-have MSF in this collection it would be Cheeky Bronze, it is a very soft, cute, brown-peach bronze shade that I think can look good on everyone.

Mineralize blushes were the disappointment... Three of them are very similar to Grand Duos, I have all Grand Duos, so I skipped with pleasure :p I will buy Style Demon and Improvise though. I don't think Improvise look anything similar to Earth to Earth. I just don't think so. To me, Earth to Earth is plummy bronze and Improvise is a coral bronze with golden veins. For the rest I can assure you that I tried them all along with Grand Duos and you wont notice the slight tone difference on your face. Personal opinion is, if you have Love Rock, you wont need Daft Pink, if you have Hot Planet you won't need Fad-DAbulous and if you have Light over Dark, you probably won't need Cheek& Cheerful (which was one of the bests of this collection :p ) unless you want to collect the blushes
smiles.gif

I bought Miss Marble, just to have one lipgloss, that's all. It is the least glittery of the lipglasses and I liked it, I think it kinda looks like Mimmy from Hello Kitty. But in general, if you ask me, you dont need a lipglass in this collection, you probably have a similar shade already.

131 is a very soft, somewhat thicker than 187 but a wonderful brush. It may be a little dense for MSFs but in my opinion it'd make wonders with liquid foundations.

elegant-one

I got to see this today at Nordies - Sorry but I LOVED ALL of the Mineral Blushes! The Cheeky one was the only one that was too orange for my skin, but looked great on the MA that had a tan.

Personally, I didn't think the colors were the same as the Grand Duos. Daft Pink is really pretty. Also, I felt that they were even more finely milled with such pretty very subtle shimmer.

ALL of the lipglosses are Beautiful - they are very pigmented & looked like lipstick in gloss form. I did not try them on my lips.

Smooth Merge was my favorite - loved the raspberry middle strip - gorgeous

At first glance in the pics, I thought the eyeshadows were kinda colors seen before, but I take that back after seeing them in person. I loved all the eyeshadow sets!
Natural Flare is fab! The blue in Odd Bits is very very pretty.

I love the light pink lippie Colour Crafted - GORGEOUS pink
lol.gif

Made With Love is a very pretty coral pink.
I was disappointed in Madly Creative - it wasn't the pink I was hoping for. It was a brown muted frosty pink. Just didn't like it - but just my opinion.

Eclectic Edge, Crazy Haute & Funky Fusion were my fave gloss colors

I so wanted to buy it today
ssad.gif

MaryJane

This is one collection I think I'll be skipping. From what I've read, the MSF's and blushes are shimmery/glittery. I've never been a fan of the mineralize eye-shadows. Besides, I stocked up on some of my fave colors at CCO the other day so I've spent way too much $$ on makeup recently.

gigglegirl

muhahaha elegant one your review made me smile! I love how you loved pretty much it all.

I'm dead! I love mineral things!!

not going to lie, I'm still worried about the pinwheel mes' for messiness. But karlasugar's swatches make some look absolutely dreamy!!!

Ernie

Eclectic Edge with Lush n Lilac lip pencil
DSC01818.jpg

Odd Bits and Girlish Romp with Raven eye pencil
DSC01823.jpg

Daft Pink mineralize blush
DSC01830.jpg

Daft Pink mineralize blush
DSC01844.jpg

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
So I hope this hasn't been asked (I searched the forum already), but how does Improvise compare to Nuance, if at all?

Here you go: Left to right, Improvise, Nuance

Nuance is a deeper less frosty orangey color.

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

gigglegirl

ernie, you rock!! I was sad I had missed out on Nuance last year but this just looks so much better!! improvise for sure!!

gigglegirl

hmmmm now 2 mes have fallen onto my list--girlish romp and eccentricity.

2 msfs--triple fusion and smooth merge
3 mbs--improvise, daft pink and hand finish (lmao ernie, my mind had drifted "there" when I heard the name)

....this for a person who was going to buy maybe one item from this collection!

Civies

DAFT PINK IS GORGEOUS (On Ernie)
Now you have me wanting odd bits and girlish romp too w/ that eotd ..

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
hmmmm now 2 mes have fallen onto my list--girlish romp and eccentricity.

....this for a person who was going to buy maybe one item from this collection!

Hey Hannah! I'm caving and getting Girlish Romp as well! I also really like eccentricity, but I'm going to skip it since I have a couple MES from last year with purples that I don't use that often!

stv578

So there's no enabling going on in this thread... *cough, Ernie, Elegant, cough*, lol!

Ernie, both of your FOTD's are really pretty!

Elegant, your review was great!

And Allison, I say go for Funky Fusion, it looks amazing!

My list hasn't changed, still at four items. I really have to stick to it this time though, because for some rather strange reason, I've been hauling a bit of non-MAC lately, which I haven't done in a long time. (Hitting BB on Monday!).

panther27

Dammit,I'm getting soo much from this collection,I am wicked excited!
choochoo.gif

Momma Spy,thanks so much for the review!I love it,you know I will be getting all the pink lippies and glosses too lol

spectrolite

^^Would Daft Pink look any good on darker skin tones or is it too pale/frosty? I wont have an opportunity to try it in store before I buy it. TIA
greengrin.gif

romi79_2008

Please, please a cheek swatch with smooth merge, just can`t make my mind about this one! Is it worth it? And I like 3 glosses
nope.gif
not good at all

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
^^Would Daft Pink look any good on darker skin tones or is it too pale/frosty? I wont have an opportunity to try it in store before I buy it. TIA
greengrin.gif

I guess it would depend on how deep your skin tone is, I would say this color is better suited to medium to fair shades. Unless you would use it as a highlighter.

abbyquack

Thanks, Ernie for the improvise/nuance comparison! I am thinking improvise might be handy to have. But then again i think about the entire collection that way...
lol.gif